Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing Cost Account

6 replies [Last post]
Sinan Fahmi
User offline. Last seen 5 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Planners,
is there any method to import cost account from excel to primavera p6, because my company has more than 2000 cost account and it will take a lot of time to type it one be one?

Regards,

Replies

Mohammed Ali
User offline. Last seen 2 days 1 hour ago. Offline
Zoltan Palffy
User is online Online

you do nto need sdk all you need is the excel spreadsheet but p6 has to be on a 32 bit machine

John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 15 hours 53 min ago. Offline

Can this be done now with without an SDK.  It is crazy that you cannot import the cost accounts and costs.  I am simply importing the costs from an original file to a later file of the same name.  Costs import fine.  I will only import the cost accounts if you also import the WBS - and being that the WBS uses the project name, even though the same file that rev number is different and over-writes the WBS - how crazy is this.  Let me know if a way around this.  

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 weeks ago. Offline
Sinan,

There is a PP member offering Steps using SDK. Try to give him your email address and he might help.(link below)
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE USING SDK IN SCHEDULE PREPARATION
Sinan Fahmi
User offline. Last seen 5 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks my Friend,
unfortunately I don’t know how to use Excel SDK, do you have any reference material that I can learn how to use this Kit.

Thanks again for your reply
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 weeks ago. Offline
Sinan,
Defining Account codes can be done by Excel SDK. If assigning account codes to activity you can use export/import excel spreadsheet functions in P6 using resource assignment.