Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to Stop Spider from creating a onedrive folder

9 replies [Last post]
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 6 min ago. Offline

Every time I update Spider it creates a onedrive folder, the same folder I do not want and previously deleted.

When setting up my new Windows 11 computer Microsoft uploaded to the web some confidential files without my express consent or perhaps a consent by deception. MS Office does the same but I figured out how to prevent any mention of onedrive when saving files. I cannot use backup software to save this folder. I heard horror stories about someone losing Excel files stored on onedrive, maybe a huge file that got corrupted while uploading to the cloud. I do not want this rubbish but it is impossible to get rid of.

Microsoft OneDrive — A false sense of comfort? | Druva

OneDrive Security: How Safe Are Your Files in 2023

Privacy and security at OneDrive: What to consider?

OneDrive corrupted files - Microsoft Community

Files are corrupted sometimes when uploaded with multipart uploads · Issue #1577 · OneDrive/onedrive-api-docs · GitHub

How can I prevent Spider from creating a onedrive folder every time I update it?

Replies

Rafael Davila

Got it, now I log-in as a local account, and it still replicates.

2023-05-25-18-05-57

Rafael Davila

The system does not allow me to create a new user without association to a Microsoft Account in a safe way. Can be done but the Microsoft warnings are scary, perhaps booby-trapped, after Microsoft uploaded my data to onedrive I no longer trust them. Microsoft who made the law made the trap.

It looks like many can see what is uploaded to the cloud by onedrive.

.D.C. Metro email policy under scrutiny after Russia computer probe - The Washington Post

Pedophiles might love its integration with Microsoft 365.

https://www.computerweekly.com/news/252527842/Microsoft-365-banned-in-German-schools-over-privacy-concerns

Microsoft sued by staff traumatized by child sex abuse vids stashed on OneDrive accounts • The Register

COMPLAINT.pdf - henry_soto_complaint_against_microsoft.pdf

Bogdan Leonte
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Rafael, are you using a Windows account that signs in with the one drive email adress? If so create another admim user which has no email adress and remove the previous user. This should block the onedrive folder being recreated after you uninstall onedrive.
Rafael Davila

I does not do it. I copied the installation file under C: , deleted the onedrive folder, re-installed Spider and onedrive folder was created again. Maybe it does not happens in your contry as it could be considered espionage on your citizens. As long as there is onedrive folder I fear Microsoft can upload to the Clowd whatever is there as they did before.

Are you using Windows 11?

2023-05-22-06-43-36

Now similar to new MS Office the first option is to save on onedrive.

2023-05-22-06-41-30

Rafael,

I do not have this problem installing Spider at another partition.

I expect that installing Spider outside your Users folder the problem can be solved. I am not sure but you can try it.

Rafael Davila

Bogdan,

I already uninstalled onedrive but no matter what the onedrive folder keeps replicating.

I just figured out another Windows 11 bug.

https://www.makeuseof.com/common-windows-11-problems/

The no sound problem in Windows 11 is largely due to external factors. At times, you may also experience low audio on your Windows 11 PC. The audio issues are often due to an incorrect configuration of playback devices.

My new computer had issues with low audio, it was a Windows 11 issue and was fixed after giving Microsoft Scoundrels access to my computer, anyway they already uploaded to the clowd whatever they wanted.

Bogdan Leonte

You can always uninstall onedrive (if possible in Win 11).

I upgraded to Windows 10 when Windows 7 support period was just about to expire, Windows 10, by then, was stable and had less bugs.

Indeed when migrating from one stable operating system a new one with bugs and vulnerability issues a lot of things can go wrong.

Hope you will find a solution to your problem.

Best regrads,
Bogdan

Rafael Davila

Bodgan

By making the file visible you can copy and paste it to another location.

You can make this location visible in Spider Storage.

As soon as you re-install Spider a new Spider-onedrive folder will be created. If demo files are updated it is at onedrive where they will be not in your new location.

Windows 11 and new MS office are designed to grab your data and upload it to the clowd for everyone at Microsoft as well as hackers and US Government to see.

Onedrive is malicious and buggy, prone to file corruption among many other issues I am starting to find. It is a mess.

Do not downgrade to Windows 11 if you want your data to be safe.

I bought my new computer a couple of weeks ago as the old one broke, the new one came bundled with with Windows 11. Eventually Windows 10 will not be supported and this will leave Windows 10 open to hackers.

Perhaps the EU should consider creating a new operating system that is safe, out of the hands of a foreign Government.

Best Regards, Rafael

Bogdan Leonte

I avoided so far upgrading to windows 11 or buying any machine that runs with windows 11. I think this is not something to do with Spider, but more to do with how Windows 11 works.

I think windows 11 back's-up any files stored on the partition on which the operating system is intalled, including Documents, Pictures, Videos default folders in Windows.

Try moving Spider storages (just the folders, not the installation location of Spider) on another partition and see if this happens. This might be a pain if you have a lot of storages and you kept them until now on the partion of the operating system...since I started using Spider I always create a separate partion for Spider Files and Folders...always the same letter, always the same folder structure...this way I never lose anything.

Best regards,
Bogdan