Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Driving Predecessor/Succesor Filter

5 replies [Last post]
Bogdan Leonte
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hello,

I am trying to create a filter that would show only Driving Predecessor/Successor or both for an activity. Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Bogdan

Replies

Bogdan Leonte

Thank you for the insight and implementation, it will be most useful!

Hi Bogdan,

we will add this next week. It is necessary to keep previous filter applying the next one. We missed this in this case.

Bogdan Leonte

Vladimir,

I may have miskpoke, I would like to filter all preceding/succeding driving activities.
When applying your procedure I still see activities that have non-driving links but the links are hidden.
The filter should be composed of two conditions: 1. Driving Link + 2. Predecessor/Succesor.

Best Regards,
Bogdan

Bogdan Leonte

Thank you Vladimir,

Most helpful!

Best regards,
Bogdan

In the Links table press right mouse button on the header of Driving column.

In the pop-up menu select Filter by value and then select Yes.

Return to the Activity Gantt Chart and in the menu select Filter/Filtered links only.

Now you will see only driving dependencies in your schedule.

Now press right mouse button on the row number of selected activity and in the activity menu select Filter/All preceding activities, All succeeding activities, both, or links with selected activity only.

Filters can be cancelled in the Gantt Chart menu Filters.