Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Which Risk Management software is most common, which is best, what should I be asking in regards to it?

5 replies [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 2 days 22 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None
  • @Risk, Oracle Primavera Risk Analysis, Acumen Risk, Safran Risk, Crystal Ball = which is most common, which is best, what else should I be asking?   -   Any work well with Cobra?  Which work well with Excel?

Replies

Peter,

the team engagement and support of senior management are required but the sizes of required contingency reserves must be calculated and justified. Risk simulation helps with this.

Besides, risks are changing, performance may differ from expected, regular risk simulation helps to understand the real project status by estimating current probabilities of meeting project targets. 

Peter Holroyd
User offline. Last seen 6 days 17 hours ago. Offline

John,

its the risk process that important, the team engagement and support of senior management. The software doesn't really matter.

John,

just remember that all of these tools are useless if your project has resource constraints and you level project resources.

david kelly
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 49 min ago. Offline

I could write a thesis on this, but it is Sunday morning....

If you are an owner, looking for a long term, corporate wide, risk management strategy - Safran is the choice.

If you are a contractor, and you use MSP or P6 , Full Monte integrates easily and very quickly, at a price performance point that sets a new standard.

david kelly
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 49 min ago. Offline

I could write a thesis on this, but it is Sunday morning....

If you are an owner, looking for a long term, corporate wide, risk management strategy - Safran is the choice.

If you are a contractor, and you use MSP or P6 , Full Monte integrates easily and very quickly, at a price performance point that sets a new standard.