Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Allocation & baseline

1 reply [Last post]
Asadullah Magsi
User offline. Last seen 13 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Experts
can we make a resourse baseline??means i assign resourse to activities before setting base line,n then i assign base line,
can we say these are planned resourse??
while project in progress resourse may vairy.
will it show diffrence as in case of activities dates??
i m new in this matter
Thanks

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Asadullah

You assign resources to an activity in a programme.

You have to have the activities in place first.

When putting together a Bottom Up programme I set the durations at "best guess" based on my experience.

I then set up the resource modelling software to take the work load for each activity and the appropriate gang size.

This generates a resourced duration that over rides my original best guess.

Make sure that the resourced programme complies with your start and end dates in the contract.

This would represent your Planned resources.

If the work load or gang sizes change during progress you can change the resources in your baseline to replicate the anticipated effect on progress.

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Mike Testro