Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

I am in need of the format for impact schedule

4 replies [Last post]
Mohammad Abdul Ba...
User offline. Last seen 6 years 17 hours ago. Offline
Friends i am in need of impact schedule format so that i can be helped by our pp scholars
my e-mail is mdabaseer@yahoo.com
thanks

Replies

Mohammad Abdul Ba...
Chachrist,
Thanks for ur reply i m using P3 software and i need info on cost and resources too.
there r three phase here Engg,Procurement n construction the PMI’s affected a lot of design changes this inturn directly impacted on Engg activities.
so how should i compare like the engg delay is 161 days and the procurement is 300 days.i m a newly joined person on this project so wat insight do i have for this kind of situation?is there anyproblem with the logic of this schedule?it has a baseline schedule too which doesnot have any critical activities.
regards
Abdul baseer

Chachrist Srisuwa...
User offline. Last seen 15 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I hope this could help you or at least pointing out something useful.
What scheduling software do u use? (just curious)
I wonder how crazy it is to have 20,000 activities.
If possible, you can send me the file and let me take a look.
If not, maybe you want to .....(i am guessing here what u may or may not have)
- grouping activities into construction phases and/or location depending on the type of your project.
- using what you have and create based-line schedule, updated schedule, .... Then summerize the changed or delay according to certain activities.
Then, note in your file for those activities impacted from the delay.
Create summary of original critial activities and new critical activities BASED on your UPDATED DATA.
Then for the on-going and not-yet start activities, you might want to check if their durations are reasonable comparing between what is going on and what the estimating department gave it to you originally. You might want to justify the rest of the activity durations and come up with a new schedule or consider other alternatives.
- Obtain the physical info of your project (such as from sattlite map or blue print) and link it to your schedule file (i suggest Visio) or just print it out and highlight it. Check this pic for example
http://bondprogram.lbcc.edu/images/pdfs/PCC%20Phase%201.pdf

hmm, should i also dicuss about cost and resources?
Mohammad Abdul Ba...
Mr Chachrist thanks for ur interest in my problem. i want to know is there any format for Impact schedule.i am involve in project which is 60 percent finish so the working schedule is available n wat i did is which ever activity is delay in this schedule i have highlighted it and working on the same schedule shall i create a new one because there r 20000 activities in the working schedule so it will be a headache kind of thing.

so plz kindly suggest a suitable procedure...

regards

abdul baseer
Chachrist Srisuwa...
User offline. Last seen 15 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
please provide more info.
maybe i can help.