Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Update & Follow up

4 replies [Last post]
Giji Thomas
User offline. Last seen 17 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Anybody can help me to answer the following:

Is it same meaning that Update schedule & Follow-up schedule? the term i got it from some reference books.

Replies

ashraf alawady
User offline. Last seen 9 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Mounir,that means you have agreed with me,thanks
Karim Mounir
User offline. Last seen 9 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
i think that:

Update Schedule: means to get the actual dates and the % complete for the activities.

Follow-up Schedule: means to monitor specific activities or the whole schedule (eg.like a 4 weeks look ahead).
ashraf alawady
User offline. Last seen 9 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
I believe that the up dated programme is the monitoring of the proress for all the base-line programme’s activities at certain data date based on the actual start and finish dates and the %completed for each activity so, it can show the recent status of the complete project .
The following up proramme can be used only to monitor specific nos. of activities for certain peroid and we can get the status of those activites during that period and we can use the same to prepae weekly following up programme or two weeks ahead following up programme for the main activities.
John Lawson
User offline. Last seen 10 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Hi

"Follow-up Schedule" usually refers to a schedule that is developed and implemented to follow after the completion of the main Project Schedule.

An example would be in Engineering Design, following the completion of the work, a "Follow-up Schedule" is often implemented.

The type of work covered:
- Provide technical support during Construction /Comm.
- Maintain / update design,
- Resolving site technical querries
- Finalise Vendor information
- Dealing with authorities / other parties etc.
The schedule results in creating a need for a group of technical resources to support the Project post completion of the design.

As for an "Update Schedule", never heard that one before, as a quess it could be a schedule that has been updated with the current progresss and status.

If you check the following site their is an interesting list of standard terms (Glossary section), mind no referance to your two terms.

www.planningengineers.org

Regards

John