Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Details for LONG TERM positions in NYC.

22 replies [Last post]
Female Dixon
User offline. Last seen 16 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
These positions pay between $75,000.00 and $110,000.00. There is a great benenfits package (health, matching 401K etc...) If you are interested please forward me your resume and contact information.

P3e Scheduler/Cost manager

Description:

Qualified candidates will have at least 2-3 years of business process re-engineering and system implementation experience, hands-on experience with construction Project lifecycle scheduling, and hands-on experience with resource loading and earned value management systems. In addition, candidates must have an excellent understanding of project control principles, preferable with experience in the construction and design of large civil and/or process facilities. Must have at least 2 years hands on experience with P3e and or P3e/c. Experience with Primavera Contract Manager (Expedition) is a plus.

For following responsilities:

Assist in the development of business process reengineering and creation Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and schedules for the development of design and construction projects, using Primavera’s P3ec software. Integrate budget data (including resource loading) for those WBS elements. Other duties will include collecting, interpreting and updating schedule data into the project control database (P3ec) and providing output to the project team, project managers and engineers. You will also assist in preparing status reports, identifying schedule risks and other related project planning and controls documentation. The candidate must have a good understanding of Scheduling Principles and methodology.

Scheduler

Assist in the creation of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and development of design and construction schedules and budget data (including resource loading) for those WBS elements. Other duties will include collecting, interpreting and inputting schedule data into the project control database and providing output to the project team, project managers and engineers.. You will also assist in preparing status reports, identifying schedule risks and other related project planning and controls documentation. Your primary responsibility will be meeting with Engineers, Construction Managers, and other staff with responsibilities for updating lifecycle project schedules during the design and construction management of new schools and capital improvements of existing schools in NYC. The ideal candidate will have experience with designing and implementing business process for Project Control activities.

Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 5 years hands-on experience with construction scheduling and hands-on experience with resource loading and earned value management system. In addition, candidates must have an excellent understanding of project controls principles, preferable with experience in the construction of large civil and/or process facilities. Must have hands on experience with Primavera’s Enterprise (P3e and or P3e/c), and experience with Primavera Expedition is a plus.

Replies

Gordon Blair
User offline. Last seen 6 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
maybe they’ve been reading PP?
Clive Randall
User offline. Last seen 16 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Probably be zero if they have ever read pp

on a more interesting note, thought you got a visa in the US if your mum lived there, maybe not!!!
Gordon Blair
to be fair Clive, I think the psychiatric benefit would come with a limit of liabilities clause in Charlie’s case ;o)
Clive Randall
User offline. Last seen 16 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
CHARLIE THE ORIGINATOR WAS NOT A REAL PERSON
Female US Virgin Islands give you a clue??

Charlie if you apply I would take a good look at the phychiatric benefits.
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
This thread is now becomming a joke.

But I LIKE IT

So Cool Mr. Gordon.

You did make me smile.

What happen to the author or originator of this thread.

Where are you????????

Maybe you become a WHAT.......... Pocahonta

Cheers,
Brad Lord
User offline. Last seen 9 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
gordon

sure your not a ninja turtle!!!!
Se de Leon
User offline. Last seen 2 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Chill out my colleagues.

Gordon, I like the title. Planning Ninja 7th Dan. That’s cool.
Gordon Blair
Charlie,

What on earth are you wittering on about?

Cheers,

Gordon Blair

Planning Ninja, 7th Dan
Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
Charlie,

You could also do with a brain before you decide your nations fate.
Charleston-Joseph...
That is why Mr. Blair,

It is important for me to know.

In this way, my future generation will not suffer the same fate as the English colonizer pass on to there slaves of labour indenture.

LONG LIVE FREEDOM in PP. No to slavery.

We need information before we decide and be responsible for our fate.
Charleston-Joseph...
That is why Mr. Blair,

It is important for me to know.

In this way, my future generation will not suffer the same fate as the English colonizer pass on to there slaves of labour indenture.

LONG LIVE FREEDOM in PP. No to slavery.

We need information before we decide and be responsible for our fate.
Charleston-Joseph...
GORDON BLAIR,

Are you related to John Blair.

Did you make a difference.

LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENING IN MALAYSIA, if ever you read the news. People there are blaimming there former colonial master due to events that happens longgggg longggg time ago. They did not have a choice

At least now we have the options to decide our fate. Money is not all that matters. I dont want my generation to suffer the fate as what happen in Malaysia.

VIVA for Freedom. At least we can exercise it here in Planning Planet without fear of beaten, or being nuke.

Cheers,
Sensei
Successful Employment Consultant
Gordon Blair
with the best will in the world Charlie, if you’re that interested in the job, you might not want to deride it so readily, could be considered poor interview technique ;o)
Charleston-Joseph...
I’m very much interested with the position.

My sister live in NYC, US Citizen.

My mom live in California, also US citizen.

I only need more information to prepare myself and to plan my course of action.

So, GORDON, what information I’m requesting is only fair.

Cheers,
Sensei
Charleston-Joseph...
GORDON,

Remember I’m a free man.

Your idea is not acceptable for a free man like me.

What I’m doing is exploring whatever possiblity from available information and make decision: to plunge and take the risk or to forget the post.

As sincere recuiter, I believe they have to guide the prospective employee and treat them fairly at the initial stage.

I’m offered a 40,000 AED per month nett, this is higher than my present salary for the simple reason that I’m scheduled for interview and the client did not appear in the scheduled date of interview.

I reject straight away even though the company chase me for the simple reason that there is no respect from clients. Besides I become aware that the high profile project are going nuts and people are leaving the projects.

So, it is not always money that matter. It defends upon me and my future.

I hope this is crystal clear to you.

Cheers,
Sensei
Charleston-Joseph...
I’m willing to go for adventure and share my expertise if at the end of the day I will get an American Citizenship, small salary cna be tolerated.

I’m willing to take the risk.

On the other hands if the long term relationship is only exploitation of manpower, forget it.

I’ve been exploited for some time without any future so I will not take the risk.

I believe whatever posting here should be transparent and fair, otherwise it will like any employment advertisement from Nigeria.

I hope PP will be smart to know what I mean.

GORDON YOUR IDEA IS NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR THE SAME REASON THAT ANY POSTING IN PP SHOULD BE TRANSPARENT AND HELPFUL TO PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEE, NO FALSE HOPE.

Cheers,
Sensei
Successful Employment Consultant.

No PP member should treat other PP as gulible
VENKAT RAMANA
User offline. Last seen 14 years 1 week ago. Offline
Have a brief look at my profile pasted below and suggest me accordingly..

B.VENKAT RAMANA
Project Planner

Career Objective

To achieve a position where I earn respect for my work and knowledge while making positive contribution to the organization. I look forward to a challenging job that helps me to grow professionally as well as individually.

Working Experience

Current Job

Tenure: 11th December, 2006 to till date

Working as a Project Planner & controls in XXXXXXXXXXXX India Limited-kolkata, India for its EPC projects.(Company’s name available on request)

Company Profile

XXX is in the business of designing; building and servicing technologically advanced products and systems for the world’s energy and transport infrastructure.
Power: XXX’s power sector division forms a major part of XXX’s business operations in India. It is engaged in various activities as an equipment supplier, engineering procurement and construction contractor and products/services supplier for central and state public sector utilities and for independent power producers.

Career Milestones/Snapshots

3 years of Experience includes Project Planning and scheduling with Primavera, SAP-PS, MS Projects (as appropriate). Develop Database for estimating and updating progress. Develop various reporting formats necessary for collecting actual progress on daily/weekly/monthly basis. Preparing project cost estimates, analyzing the cost factors involved. Develop various periodic reports, for effective progress and cost control of the project. Involve in Customer and Sub-contractor/Vendor negotiation during enquiry stage.

Successful Completion of project on waste heat reuse from new tunnel kiln with necessary duct designs and control valves sizing in a record time saving Rs.90lacs/Annum.

Planned & Achieved Recovery of project cost (ROI) within 25 days for altering the lining of refractory kiln resulting 315mm height, enabling to load high-end value items in a double deck resulting in a profit of Rs.1.45Crores/Annum.

Certificate of Appreciation by Joint President, Aditya Birla Group for the contribution to the successful setting up of the Project on heat recovery from newly commissioned Japanese designed Tunnel Kiln Assembly to the establishment and operation of the Tunnel Kiln.

Experience as a Module leader for the end-to-end life cycle implementation of Production Planning, Materials Management & Project systems for Birla Ngk Insulators Pvt Ltd on SAP R/3 platform.

Work profile interalia includes:

Basic Work Profile

Planning & Scheduling of Activities linking them to projects, identifying all critical paths within a project by using float path analysis, timely use of S Curve, progress monitoring / reporting and control of project schedules for proposals, project specific and installation projects.

Assist the assigned project manager in tracking the project against its baseline schedule, budget and REB phase review objectives & to develop and implement recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated eventualities.

Work with the PM, PE and Site Installation Team to plan and schedule the installation of project retrofit equipment & Develop work packages to define the scheduled installation tasks.

Establish, communicate, track and report site installation progress using the principals of Earned Value Management.

Assist in preparation of periodic management and/or customer reports as assigned by the project manager and conducting of the Internal Project Kick-Off meeting.

Participate in the Project Baseline meetings for engineering, manufacturing and cash-in planning & Support the Project Manager in preparation of external kick-off meeting with the customer and participate as required.

Participate in project meetings and revise the internal schedule as per conclusions and advise the Team about the impact on the internal schedule as a result of actions/deficiencies.

Participate in the hand-over meeting from Sales to Project execution Team & Recommend new processes where needed for quality improvement, cost reduction and on-time delivery.

Customizable graphics including Gantt charts, Activity Network Diagrams, Time scaled Logic Diagrams and Histograms.

Allocate resources to activities using distribution curves to accurately reflect how the work is performed-Progress monitoring Planning Vs Actual.

Coordinate labour, material, equipment and subcontractors to ensure on-schedule, on-budget completion.

Break activities down into smaller weighted steps and track the completion of the steps to determine the activity percent complete.

Professional Trainings

Acquired extensive Business Management &Development Training from International institute of learning (IIL) with 14 PDU’s. This training encompasses modules OGSM (Objectives, goals, strategies & measures), Process and Project management, Supply Chain management, Demand and Operations planning, Capital management, Infra Structure planning, Marketing & Finance modules.

Forecasting accuracy & Resource Management Experience with risk forecasting.

Implemented Kaizen, Muda, and 5’S’ & implemented Six-sigma analysis in co-ordination with by central WCM (World class manufacturing), Mumbai.

Technical Skill Set

Certified by PMI-PRIMAVERA-KLG SYSTELS LTD, Mumbai in Primavera5.0 Enterprise (Engg. &Const.) ver5.0 with course code 102-Baisc & 106 Advanced from 29May’06 to 02June’06 and obtained 35 PDU Points.P3e/c is Project Management Institute (PMI)*course on project management using primavera software. Working Knowledge of Primavera Project Planner (3.0, 4.1 & 5.0), Portfolio Analysis (4.1&5.0), Methodology Manager (4.1&5.0) my Primavera (4.1 & 5.0), Primavera Expedition 10.0, Primavera Timesheets, Pert Master (Project Risk – Risk Analysis).

ERP: SAP R3–Functional Module – Production Planning, Sales & Operations Planning (SOP), and long term Planning; Demand Management, Material Requirement Planning–MRP, Capacity Planning, and Product Cost Planning, warehouse management, project systems, materials management.

Past Experience

Tenure: 20th September, 2004 to 09th December, 2006

Worked as a Project Engineer (Planning & Execution) in Birla NGK Insulators Pvt Ltd, a joint venture of Aditya Birla Group & NGK, Japan-for the plant’s capacity expansion of Rs.200 Crores.

Company Profile

Indian Rayon and Industries Limited is the Aditya Birla Group’s most diversified conglomerate, with a turnover of Rs. 1860.62 crore for FY 2005. It is a leading player in its key business segments, including viscose filament yarn (VFY), carbon black, branded garments, textiles and Insulators. IRIL is India’s largest and the world’s third largest manufacturer of insulators, with a production capacity of 36,000 tonnes per annum (TPA). In August 2002, the Insulators business was de-merged to form a joint venture company called Birla NGK Insulators Pvt Ltd with NGK Insulators Ltd of Japan to usher in a new era in Insulator manufacturing and bring about an improvement in the reliability and quality of power supply in India.
Responsibilities Handled

Development and maintenance of project plans/ schedules for tenders and for full-scope contract execution reflecting all stages of functional execution through project close out.

Development and maintenance of product-line activities and logic for standard scheduling modules;

Preparation and updating of schedules utilizing Primavera Scheduling system;

Tracking and reporting of schedule performance with an integrated view of cost/hours expended to date and the forecasted cost/hours required to complete the milestone deliverables compared to budget;

Analysis of schedule performance, with a focus on proactive management of risks and opportunities;
Advising Project Manager and other functional Project Team members of status, potential issues and recommended strategies for optimising performance.

Project cost control and responsible for vendor selection, order placement and subsequent technical follow-ups. Responsible for basic and detailed engineering assignment for the project.

Ensure project costs do not exceed tender/varied allowance, Ensure contract reviews, monthly forecasts are completed and submitted on time, Ensure projects are completed on time; target-zero overrun when EOT’S are taken into account.

Key Skills and Competencies

Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office software, Lotus Notes and other company and discipline specific software applications.

Demonstrated proficiency using Primavera software, SAP-project systems, MS Projects and other industry standard scheduling packages.

Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the Company.

Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
Effective organization skills including the ability to prioritize and plan work.

Knowledge and handling of data based project control systems (cost control & scheduling tools)
Ability to function in a multi-cultural/multi-national corporation.

Highly motivated, organized, self-starting individual with good work ethic and integrity

Educational Qualification

Academic

Graduation (Gandhi Institute of Engg & Tech, Gunupur):
Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical Engg): Passed in September 2004 with 67.25% Marks.

Software Exposure

Packages : MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project)
ERP Tools : SAP R/3 (Functional) PP, MM, PS.
Domain Knowledge : Six Sigma Concepts, PMBOK, CCPM & TOC, BABOK.
Application Soft wares : Primavera versions (5.0,4.1,3.0)

Personal Details

Date of Birth : May 21-1982.
Mobile Number : 91-9903389787

Declaration

I hereby declare that the data furnished above by me is correct as per my knowledge.

(B.VENKAT RAMANA)

Regds..

VENKAT RAMANA
Gordon Blair
Charlie,

If you think the rate too small, I suggest you don’t apply... maybe the positions posted will be of interest to planners already within NYC or surrounding areas who don’t have to worry about exchange rates or sending cash out of the country and may already have accommodation.

It would be helpful if you did not disparage roles and rates posted on the forum, as it would be a shame for people to be discouraged from posting them.

As it happens, the equivalent of £37500 to £55000 pa for a long term position isn’t that far off the mark.
VENKAT RAMANA
User offline. Last seen 14 years 1 week ago. Offline
Am interested for the post you are offering and am well experienced and qualified for the post you have mentioned..plz mention me wat next i have to do..!!

Regds..

VENKAT RAMANA
Charleston-Joseph...
What Visa will be provided?????

Work permit or

IMMIGRANT VISA

WOW if Immigrant Visa and US Citizen.

Please enligthen

Cheers,

Charleston-Joseph...
OR????

we could look at the sunny side

110,000 USD per year nett

9,166 USD per month nett

33,455 AED per month nett OKKK as in Oh Kay

Not bad.

Will the company pay the tax or is this tax free???

Will the company provide accommodation, pay the SSS, provide transport?????

I will really enjoy my stay in US of A, paint the town RED, if 9,166 USD will be nett. I can visit Las Vegas or Atlantic City

Cheers,

Charleston-Joseph...
Hi,

Please correct me if I’m wrong!!

For example maximum salary: 110,000 USD per year

9,166 USD per month

Less Tax for Uncle Sam’s war effort: 50%

4,583 USD per month

Less: SSS contribution, accommodation, transport = 2,000 USD per month

Nett Take home pay = 2,583 USD per month.

Send money to home country including inflation due to weakness of US $ 1,000 USD per month.

Balance = USD 1,583 per month = 5,778 AED.

Very small. Not enough to survive in US of A.

Life style maybe: no beer, no girls, no adventure in Las Vegas.

Just stay in small cubicle, always internet and post in PP. No night life to enjoy while in USA

Is this the case???????????

Please let me know.