Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Trainee Positions

5 replies [Last post]
Nephtali Prato
User offline. Last seen 3 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Hello everyone,

I am a mechanical engineer graduated in Venezuela with short experience (1 1/2 years in Venezuela) working in HVAC systems design and installation. I moved to Engalnd 4 years ago and due to circumstances at that moment (language mainly) I found a job in a manufacturing environment in a pharmaceutical contractor, could not find one in projects. Right now I am aiming to change my career back into project (planning specificaly) but usualy when I try to apply for jobs (JUNIOR POSITIONS) most of them ask for at least 2-3 years experience. Does anyone know a Recruitment Agency that focus on Trainee-Junior positions?? is there anyone here looking for an Mechanical Engineer with knowledge of planning?? I just finished a course in Planning and Scheduling with Primavera P3.

Anything could help, contact, friend, etc etc

many thanks

Replies

john Cohello
User offline. Last seen 9 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

My suggestion to you is, since you are looking for a change then try for shutdown jobs in UAE. They have many vacancies for new comers.Then after gaining some experience try for projects planning.

This way you will be in a position to grasp fast and also have experience.These are short term projects and some times the seniors prepare the plan and juniors are send for the exection.The junior has to schedule the plan everyday based on the reports collected and complete he project.

Then slowly you will get a grip of planning.

Keep in touch

john Cohello
User offline. Last seen 9 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

My suggestion to you is, since you are looking for a change then try for shutdown jobs in UAE. They have many vacancies for new comers.Then after gaining some experience try for projects planning.

This way you will be in a position to grasp fast and also have experience.These are short term projects and some times the seniors prepare the plan and juniors are send for the exection.The junior has to schedule the plan everyday based on the reports collected and complete he project.

Then slowly you will get a grip of planning.

Keep in touch

Nephtali Prato
User offline. Last seen 3 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Ok, thanks, I have been doing that for a while... We’ll see.

Anyway, if anyone knows if their company is looking to train new planners (London/South East UK or any other place) please let me know... send an IM here or email to n.prato@virgin.net.

Cheers!!
Brad Lord
User offline. Last seen 9 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
try posting your cv on all jobsites explaining what you are looking for, agencies tend to download cv’s for positions they are looking to fill so do some companies,

good luck

nik binil
User offline. Last seen 16 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Nephtali,

It’s very unlikely that there is an ad for trinee or junior position. In today’s market you hardly see positions advertised even for intermediates, at least in the U.S.

Nik