Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Identifying companies_____need some info...help

4 replies [Last post]
bhadri vakacherla
User offline. Last seen 10 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
In the last two weeks i have applied for 4 jobs in the jr.planner level in england,scotland etc.

But i dint get any reply reg my application. I am from india. I donot have a work permit.

How can we identify companies which are really interested to select people from other countries?
Is it necessary to have a work permit before applyiing to other companies....or is it tht my qualification is not enuff....kindly help

I have two years of experience and i am a post graduate from iit india...i hope somebody wud giv me some idea abt this..how it works?

Replies

Karen Cook
User offline. Last seen 15 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Try this website for more information.

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/working_in_the_uk/en/homepage.html

If you come a from a country not in the EEA (listed below) that may also be the problem.

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Iceland*, Liechtenstein*, Norway*, Switzerland**

* These countries are in the EEA, but are not members of the European Union.

** Switzerland is not in the EEA, but an international treaty means that from 1 June 2002 Swiss nationals have a similar right to live in the UK as EEA nationals.
mimoune djouallah
User offline. Last seen 4 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
"The only thing i assume that is holding these companies back is the lack of work permit"

i thought you have to get a job before getting a work permit.

Karen Cook
User offline. Last seen 15 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Bhadri

Most major constuction companies are in desperate need for planners. The only thing i assume that is holding these companies back is the lack of work permit. most companies will not even consider you without a work permit so it’s best to seek advice on getting one. The major companies are: Mace, McAlpine, Skanska, Laing O’Rourke, etc.
As the construction industry is having a shortage of planners, a degree will help. i think it’s just the work permit holding you back, not the qualification.
bhadri vakacherla
User offline. Last seen 10 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Thank you sir,
It would have been better if the jobs posted on the planet mentions some note like "work permit is needed for this company" so that many ppl like me wudnt try for all jobs and also managing their database wud bcome simpler.

i once again thank you for replying and for giving guidance in major companies.