Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

What is the Planning Engineer Salary Qatar

2 replies [Last post]
Zubair Usmani
User offline. Last seen 13 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
Well I’m having an offer of 4500 QR per month+Accom+Bonus to work as a planning Engineer there.I am a post graduate Engineer(M-Tech IIT Delhi-Construction Management) & having
3 years of experience in construction field.
Can anybody tell me that its a right compensation to me to work there??

Replies

Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
4500QR is nothing, considering the present market situation. many of my friends who are working in Qatar having better salary packages. so don’t accept this low offer. look for anything more than 8000QR(atleast all inclusive)
Naveen Nayak
User offline. Last seen 7 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Zubair,

I have worked 7 years in Qatar and the salary that you have been offered is far too less then what you should get on the basis of your educational qualification.
As a minimum you should negotiate for QR 7,000 pm + accm + car.Bonus is strictly under discretion of your employer and no matter how hard you work in your first two years you are deemed a ’newcomer’. I hope you get the message.

If you are desperate then you may chose to go for the job and get some overseas experience but technically the salary is not good for a person who expects to have his family with him in near future.

But I would also add that there are planning engineer in Qatar who start from QR 2,000 and get QR 3,000 pm after two years of blood, sweat and tears. So its you who have to decide whats best for you.

My advise is to hand on with your current job and wait till you find a better opportunity with better payslip.

Naveen