Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

The Best NEW Job

12 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

Should we allow ANYONE or ONLY Planning Planet MEMBERS to apply for the jobs listed on the site?

We have had several emails on this issue, does anyone have an opinion?

Thanks...Development Team.

Replies

Darrell ODea
User offline. Last seen 18 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Well said Mehdi.....

Mehdi Rashidi Alangeh
( 3,615 )
Member since Jul 2003

Iran
11 Posts Re: The Best NEW Job

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think we should allow anyone use the job offers in order to Develop of project management segment in the world.

Regards
M.Rashidi

Mehdi Rashidi Ala...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
I think we should allow anyone use the job offers in order to Develop of project management segment in the world.

Regards
M.Rashidi
Forum Guest
Darrell, (I checked that - sorry)

Light hearted - thats me. My boss does nothing else but complain that I do not take things seriously enought.

Problem is that us "annoymous" fellows are representative of a small group - depending on who is "on duty" on a particular day (the site is run by us volunteer project planners), will depend on the opinion you get.

Ironic really, and you do have a point, as I suppose we too are anonymous posters - several people inadvertently taking on a "single" persona.

Worth thinking about.

I am not too concerned over the "keep em" or loose em" approach to Guest posters. Its James who does the scripting, so it will only mean more work for him!! (Sorry James!) - all I have to do is type!

Darrell, thanks for your opinions. Free speech!!
Darrell ODea
Personally I would prefer if you did not.

No offence meant, but its D-a-r-r-e-l-l. Mr. (Annoymous) Moderator.

Perhaps we should all start to paraphrase "great" or made up sayings. As some of the greatest philosophical thoughts are and were had by anonymous people.

All the best.
ps. Do what U want, you have the "Power"......... to delete people.
or maybe we should all remain a little more light hearted ?????

ps.ps. Respek....
Forum Guest
Daryl,

As usual, your a man not afraid to mince his words. Power to you buddy ! (not that anyone is considered to be 100% correct)

Power, and its associated strength can often come from those who are willing, (especially) to put their name to their opinions!

Hey, I do not have all of the answers, but respect your valid view point.

Should we turn off the guest forum post facility?
Darrell ODea
If "the moderator(s)" are taking the stance? That only members may view/apply/get the jobs advertised. Are we not in danger of loosing the challenging views that other non-memers or those who prefer to not-disclose their ID. After all I am sure that perhaps, it is a challenge to say what you really think when your name is tagged to the statement.
Privacy is an absolute "Right" as far as I am concerned. And should remain so for us all, including those not wishing to become members of a quasi open chat forum.

So there.
Raju Shahani
User offline. Last seen 20 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
One of the way to make the site more popular is that every one should be able to apply for the job, i am sure if any one gets job from the Planning planet, he would not only register himself at the site but would be live advertisement for the site !!!
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
W.C. Fields once said, "Id never join a club that would have me as a member." Perhaps W.C. was part Australian.
Forum Guest
Really it should only be members. Keep out the riff raff thats what I say !!

Anyway, this is a web site for "planners" isnt it?
Darrell ODea
Allow anyone, if the Agents and Employers are doing their jobs, they will pick the right person anyhow. Within the current membership, their may not be an individual that fullfills an employers criteria.
Mark Lomas
User offline. Last seen 15 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
I agree, it should be service open to members only. Afetr all, joining isnt difficult !
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Requiring that the person first identify themselves seems a reasonable requirement. Without this requirement, it would be possible to shut others out by flooding an opening with bogus submittals. It would take much longer for someone to try to do this with members only.