Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Educating the Boss

No replies
Stephen Devaux
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

If the lack of comprehension and reasonableness on the part of senior management and sponsors/customers is damaging project management, what are we in the project management community going to do about it? Because, make no mistake, it is OUR PROFESSION, with its credibility and reliability, that is being damaged! So we are the ones that need to step up.

The great discussions on LinkedIn in the threads I started about Gary Heerkens’s article “Imposed Deadline Syndrome” have led me to write a new blog article “Educating the Boss” which you can find here:

I hope you enjoy it -- I think it might be my most important blog article so far (which of course may not be saying much!).

Fraternally in project management,

Steve the Bajan