Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Watching the Watchmen

No replies
James Barnes
User offline. Last seen 1 year 6 days ago. Offline

Good morning

we are developing preperation plans (planning to plan) for our shut downs and turnarounds. part of this process is developing objective KPIs for each deliverable (at least for the big ones that need more than 2 reporting cycles to produce).

for schedule production our rough workflow is

1. preperator produces calculation and plancard (in ROSER)
  2. Scheduler checks the PC and links up to phase milestones
  3. Scheduler exports the PC to P6
  4. Scheduler integrates the PC with the schedule
  5. once a bulk of the Basic scope work is imported (say 75-80%) then levelling can be executed

We have an effective set of KPIs in place for all except item 5. My answer to the PM for wanting a KPI for item 5 is that it typically takes less than 2 reporting cycles (prep plan reporting cycle is monthly for TAs and fortnightly for SDs) to go from 75/80% PC exported to Rev 0 plan issued so a KPI is not really needed but he is unsatisfied with that response (I think he got burned on a previous project). I am wary of introducing too much onerous follow up so am looking for a simple method to follow the execution of the levelling in the plan.

anyone got any clever ideas? Our scheduling tool is P6.7.0 SP3