Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Conversion from MSP2007 to P7

2 replies [Last post]
Vineet Shrivastava
User offline. Last seen 12 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Members

I need urgent advice on conversion procedures for conversion of my programme in MSP 2007 to Primavera P7.

I have tried many ways but failed to do successfull conversion.

Please advice what is the correct procedures to convert MSP 2007 to P7  

Replies

David Young
User offline. Last seen 11 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Vineet 

Simple way is to save MSP file as XML . You will find this Option when  you Click File->Save As .XML.

You can also do import setting in Primavera to get MSP data like Text 1 , Text 2 and other.

Untile Next Time 

David Young 

http://myprimavera.co.uk

david.young@myprimavera.co.uk

Ishmael Mutsvanemoto
User offline. Last seen 4 years 26 weeks ago. Offline

1. Import as an MPX/MPP.

2. Note and delete all headers that have been converted to activity descriptions - you notice them by the fact that theactivity typr becomes 'WBS Summary'

3. Change all other activities type from 'Resource Dependent' to 'Task Dependent' if you so wish

4. Check the calenders, links, constraints.

5. Schedule

NB: Ensure the activie MS Project is closed before you import.

Give me a shout if you get stuck - +447985252112

Regards

Ishmael