Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

weekly manhour distribution

4 replies [Last post]
Nar Thap
User offline. Last seen 15 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
I picked up the project from the middle which was a non resource loaded plan. Several weeks has passed now and I need to distribute the manhours on the activities. What is the most appropriate way to distribute the manhours so that weekly manpower histgram be generated? Nobody has info that the where the previous manpowers were consumed.
cheers

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Karthik

Welcome to Planning Planet.

Some advice - It is not a good idea to respond to a long dead thread - if you need help or advice then start a new topic in the appropiate section.

Regarding your query the best source of cost and resource data is the project BoQ / Cost Plan - speak to the estimator / QS to get to what you want.

If you are working with P6 and your WBS is set up correctly then it should be automatic.

Best regards

Mike Testro

KARTHIK NEOSTRUCTO
User offline. Last seen 12 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

Dear sir,

Good morning everybody, i am new joining in planning planet, i am freshers also,

i expert your guidence and help , i develop myself, pls coud u explain

how to calculate the manhour for overall project, weekly, monthly,

how to calulcate the production rate also

i expert the valuable replay

j.karthik

nscl

Larry Rino
User offline. Last seen 50 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Nar, If you have the weekly quantities related to the consumed manhours, try to derive the weekly manhours from your actual production rates. I expect these manhours came from various quantities of completed work.

I.e. Weekly manhours = Weekly production rates /
Weekly quantities

I hope these helps.
Bijaya Bajracharya
User offline. Last seen 8 years 22 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None
If you are trying to generate mapower histogram for the past for which you don’t have records, I would ask why do you need that? It won’t be any productive exercise.

The best thing is make a plan for the remaining manhours and start recording the actuals in a regular basis. That way after another several weeks, you (or someone in your position) won’t be in the same position as you are now.