Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Methods of Construction (A substructure)

3 replies [Last post]
hussein obey
User offline. Last seen 13 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All,

Reference to my previous posting for Methods of Construction and that no one has shared the issue except for "Sukumaran Subaramaniyan" who advised to breack down the subject and to focus on objectives.

Our objectives are to formulate the method statement for different construction project items as a step towards standardizing scheduling practice. Then to publish this manual among all planning planet members to be circulated as a property for planning planet community.

We here are talking about "A. Substructure" which as a start may be brokedown as follows:

A. SUBSTRUCTURE
A10 Foundations
A1010 Standard Foundations
A1020 Special Foundations
A1030 Slab on Grade
A20 Basement Construction A2010 Basement Excavation
A2020 Basement Walls

This is our project and you all will be proud of it.

Thank you,

Your’s,
Hussein, M.Sc. in construction management.
hamaksoud@yahoo.com

Replies

Shivaji Nagare
User offline. Last seen 15 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Suku..
What is this excersise?? It is it like one can give the best sequence of work that he knows. Pls tell me more so that i can take active part in it. Presently i am working on a 5 star multisoried project in dubai and substructure is in progress. May be i will able to shear some information.

Shiva
hussein obey
Hi all,
Hi Mr Khaled
Hi Mr Sukumaran Subaramaniyan

I intend to set some kind of rewarding system as a motivation for our selves to work on this project.
So, I need to formulate an evaluation committee to evaluate posts then based on the committee evaluation the Planner will win the reward for each approved post.

-----------
The Reward:
-----------
All participants that their posts are approved by the committee will win a valuable Project Management Book and have the right to select one of the following books:
- McGraw Hill - Project Management
- Mcgraw-Hill The Six Sigma Project Planner Ebook
- AMACON - Modern Project Management
- Project Management - New Six Sigma - A Leader Guide To Achieving Rapid Business (Prentice Hall)
- Project Management - The Evolutionary Project Manager’s Handbook
- Project Management - The Project Manager’s MBA
- Project Management Manual
- Project Management Skills
- Project Manager Manual
- Wiley - Practical Project Management
- Wiley - Project Management Methodologies

So, Mr Khaled,Mr Sukumaran Subaramaniyan I invite you to be the first two members of the A/M committee so, please if you agree let me know.

All members can begin posts submition and receiving rewards from now. temporarily I will evaluate the posts till the committee is founded and any one of the members is encouraged to sent his evaluation to any post.

Thank You all,

Hussein Abdel Maksoud, M.Sc. construction Management
hamaksoud@yahoo.com
hussein obey