Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Need PM Software Opinions

4 replies [Last post]
Darla Mathers
User offline. Last seen 20 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi there,

I’m new to the group. I’m currently working on an open-source project creating project management software.

I’d love some feedback from people who use project management software. What are its weaknesses? How could it be improved? If you’ve had experience using MS Project or another program, what’s your opinion of it? How important an issue is integration with other programs, especially MS Office components?

I’d really appreciate it if you could take a minute or two to post your thoughts.

Yours truly,

Darla

Replies

Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Darla,

I forgot to mention, but if your project is open source, you might post a link to it here. Perhaps some Planning Planet members would be interested in contributing.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software
Mehdi Rashidi Ala...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Mathers,

I think peoples opinions is a wide range that based on vary parameters.
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Darla,

I think you will find that peoples opinions will vary greatly with the industry and application of project management software. It is not used the same way in all industries IMO.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi there,

Have you seen this recent post? Perhaps it could help you?

href=http://www.planningplanet.com/forum/forum_post.asp?fid=1&Cat=1&Top=2054

Regards.