Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

problems restoring .xer in P6 7.0 that was saved from ver.8.2

No replies
Wei Lin
User offline. Last seen 10 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi guys,

First post here and I'm looking for help.  Contractor is using ver.8.2. We are using 7.0.  Contractor saved an .xer file in 7.0 format using 8.2.  On the accompanying hardcopy schedule, two activities have actual dates before the data date(one milestone, one task dependent activity), one LOE activity has actual dates after the data date.  Schedule fouls aside, when I restored the .xer, the two activities with the proper actual dates did not have actual dates anymore.  Rather, they have become unstarted activities riding the data date.  Thinking the contractor exported the wrong file, I asked him to load the correct one.  He claims to have reloaded the correct one.  But the same thing happend again when I restored the new .xer.  Has anyone encountered similar issue or can shed some lights on the subject?  Thank you in advance.

-Wei