Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Same calendar for activities AND resources?

3 replies [Last post]
Jenny Ingco
User offline. Last seen 2 years 47 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Planners,

How I can assign same calendar for my activities AND resources? Because when I go to resourse calender there is no option to use project calender there are only Global and resourse calenders. So, do I need to greate new calender in the Global and make it exactly same the one in project calender? I am using P6 v.7..

Thank you for any advise,

Hanson

Replies

Jenny Ingco

Dear Shahlul,

Thank you very much for your help. I just was wondering how I can use same calendar for project activities and recourses.. Example if the construction calendar under project with 5 working days per week and 8hrs/day and recourses assigned to this activities can work 7 days per week that will cause problems in the schedule. So I believe we should create new calendar in recourses with same working days and hours in project calendar.

Thank you,

HANSON

Jenny Ingco

Thank you.

Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 37 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Hanson

Open the project you created and choose enterprise menu, select calendar option, where you can create calendar pertained to project specific.

Assign calendar to one activity first and then use fill down option to assign all the required activities

Cheers

Shahul