Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Cannot update baseline for in progress activities

2 replies [Last post]
Alexandre Faulx-B...
User offline. Last seen 1 year 47 weeks ago. Offline

Hello PPlanners,

I do have a problem with successive baselines: while updating a project, I create a new baseline every month after updating the project

Now some activities are late; say, they will start 2 weeks after the Original Start Date, or finish 4 weeks after the Original Finish Date: Baseline 2, which I have created and assigned after the update, displays correctly for the activities not yet started, B2 Start Date and B2 Finish Date are correct; but the same Baseline 2 still displays Baseline 1 Start and Finish dates for the In Progress Activities

Can somebody explain why?

Thanks, Alexandre

Replies

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 6 days ago. Offline

Have a look at the What Primavera P6 Baseline Bars am I Displaying?  Technical Paper. on my web site.

Paul E Harris

Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers, Consulting and Training
www.eh.com.au
www.eastwoodharris.com
www.primavera.com.au - a Primavera scheduling software resources site