Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

NEW BOOK TITLED - Project Planning and Control Using Oracle Primavera P6 Version 8.2 EPPM Web

No replies
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 6 days ago. Offline

I have just published my new book “Project Planning and Control Using Oracle Primavera P6 Version 8.2 EPPM Web” which compliments my existing Professional and Optional Client book.

This book is intended to be user guide, reference book and two-day training course written for Project Management Professionals who wish to learn how to plan and control both an unresourced and resourced project in an established Oracle Primavera EPPS environment.

It focuses on the scheduling aspects of the Primavera Web tool but does touch on all areas of the software.

Primavera Systems Inc. originally asked the author to write a book and this publication is ideal for people who would like to gain an understanding of how the software operates up to an intermediate level.

It only covers the Primavera Versions 8.2 Web tool. It explains some of the differences from the Professional tool, SureTrak, P3, Microsoft Project and Asta Powerproject to assist people converting form other products.

The book is packed with screen shots, constructive tips and contains workshops with solutions at the end of each chapter for the reader to practice the skills taught. It has been written so it may be used with then EPPM Web tool.

It will be available is many formats including spiral which is suitable for training courses as it lies flat on the desk, paperback and eBook format including iBook, Kindle, Kobo and ePub.

A Powerpoint slide show will be available for training companies who wish to use the book as a two day training course. I will be submitting it to the PMI to become a PMI Registered Course and PMI REPs will be able to award PDUs to attendees.

The book will be available through all good on-line bookshops, and there are links to several on my web sites at www.primavera.com.au and www.eh.com.au .

Paul E Harris

Director Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd