Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Activities picking non working time of calendar while updating

2 replies [Last post]
Melbin M B
User offline. Last seen 10 years 26 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Planners, I got a problem here. Lemme explain. While updating the activities and applying actual dates the activities pick up the non working time in calendar.Taking an activity A which has a duration of one day. I tried to apply the actual start and finish date of the activity. The activity starts on 13th Aug 8.00AM as per calender and ends on the same day 3.00 PM (as per plan) which makes the original duration 1 day. Actually it requires another 2 more days and ends only on 15th Aug. But when I apply the actual end of the activity as 15th. The activity picks up the nonworking time between 13th and 15th of Aug and finishes the activity on 12.00 AM 15th. I checked with displaying the time from user preferences while scheduling but the activity start it at 8.00 AM prompt. My user and admin times are the same. Still why does it happen so? Could u give me an answer? I will attach you the screen shot of that activity too. 

Thanks in advance

MELBIN 

Replies

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Melbin,

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that when you enter a finish date of 15AUG, P6 automatically gives you the finish time of 00:00.  This is the way P6 used to work before Version 6. 

Either way – this should not be a problem.  When you enter the actual Start or Actual Finish dates, you should also supply the finish time as well as the date.  P6 stores all dates as both date and time.  It does not matter how you display it, the time is entered so for accuracy’s sake you should always show and enter the time as well as the date.  Good luck!

Kaif Mohsin
User offline. Last seen 6 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Dear Melbin,

Check for the hours per time period assigned to the calendar for the activity. From your query it's clear that you are working 7 hrs a day. So, please ensure that the same 7 hrs/day has been set in the "Time Periods" setting of the particular calendar.

Regards,

Kaif