Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Cost Loading/Resource Spreadsheet

10 replies [Last post]
Ariel Malibiran
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

guys, need some help here...

I have my resource/cost loaded schedule. Cost is assigned by providing it in the Budgeted Cost for each activities. However, when I'm viewing the resource usage spreadsheet on weekly timescale, the weekly cost for each actvities is calculated on monthly basis, which must be of course should be in weekly too. as i generate the cost tabulation/report it gives me the same loading as the resource usage spreadsheet which is wrong..I did change the Admin Preference Option so the interval to summarize & store resource spreadsheet will be on weekly basis but still i got the wrong one...i'm using p6.

hope someone could help and advise me how to fix this.

thank you,

ariel

Replies

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 17 hours ago. Offline

pref.jpg

Ariel Malibiran

still doesnt work...totals are just divided into 6 automatically-cannot be changed; daily working hours is 8...

7.jpg

Raymund de Laza

Ariel,

In admin Preferences - Time Periods, set the Hrs/day.. hrs/wk etc...

Then on the spreadsheet pane right click and select spreadsheet options, clicCalculate Average and Click Base on Hrs per time period

Hope this will help

Ariel Malibiran

slide3.jpg

Ariel Malibiran

slide2.jpg

Ariel Malibiran

slide1.jpg

Ariel Malibiran

Thanks Raymund,

it is already in weekly basis/timescale, but still it is showing for monthly usage..

ariel

Jerome Soriano
User offline. Last seen 9 years 37 weeks ago. Offline

vinod,

check if the item having a continuing value in resource usage spreadsheet is cumulative (eq. cumulative labor units..etc).

cumulative values in p6 resource usage spreadsheet are displayed continuously, but value is not inceasing after the planned project finish.

just check, this maybe the case.

jerome

vinod raturi
User offline. Last seen 6 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All ,

After having used P3 for all these years and now  planning in P6 is proving a nightmare . My First impression is it is not all user friendly . I may be wrong but it seems many user friendly options in P3 are  not available in P6.

Any way guys appreciate if you can solve my problem. I have prepared a resource loaded schedule in P6 and clicked on resource usage icon . I was surprised to see figures in resource usage column long even after my project has ended.

For eg as per my program labours will be used between april 2012 and dec 2013 and project completion date is Feb 2014. Imagine  my state when i found that 1) Figures for labour usage are being shown even for dec 2021 and is still continuing , and 2) Heading is being shown for another project so i am not sure whether the figure truely represents my opened project.

Please enlighten on this.

Thanks,

with regards,

Vinod

Raymund de Laza

Ariel,

In the User preferences - Resource Analysis, select Interval for Time-Distributed resource cal to desired period.

Then set your timescale to match the the above setting.

Make sure in the admin preferences - Time periods uncheck Allow usersto specify the number of work hours ......

Hope this will help.