Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Using the Fill Down Option In P6

5 replies [Last post]
Rhys Parry
User offline. Last seen 11 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have a calender setup that is showing standard for all my activities and what I want is to change them all to a 7 day working week.

I have added the column calender in and then I chose one activity with the 7 day a week in it, but it is not allowing me to select that column and fill down to all the others. (Fill Down option is greyed out)

Any Ideas

Thanks

Replies

Roshan Vani
User offline. Last seen 10 years 32 weeks ago. Offline

Rhys I did a write-up about this subject back in July. You may find this link helpful: Primavera: Use Fill Down to Change Activity Calendars

Nilkamal Parikh
User offline. Last seen 30 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Siddic,

Please select all the activities which you want to change their IDs. Go to Edit and select renumber activity ids. You can see the manu which will allow you to change the activity ids by increasing its number, Auto number which you can assign what you want for new ids or just to replace beginning characters of your id.

Hope this will help.

Cheers

Nilkamal Parikh

Siddic K
User offline. Last seen 9 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

How to Change Activity ID in P6 without exporting to excel. Please help .....

Rhys Parry
User offline. Last seen 11 years 23 weeks ago. Offline

I got it working in the End thanks I thought It was selecting all of the columns but as you said if I click on the column i want to fill down and highlight the other rows it just fills that column.

All sorted

Thanks

James Mulhearn
User offline. Last seen 5 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

You do not need to select the column only the cell with the calendar info the hold the 'shift" key down and go to the cell at the bottom of the Calendar Column "click" on that cell and then fill down...

P6 highlites every thing but only fills down the column you are in , hope this helps...