Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

To generate Resource Histogram in P6 - Enterprise

3 replies [Last post]
Nithin Shetty
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All, 

First of all Hello to everybody on this forum and a BIG thanks to you for all the help and support the members offer here on the forum.

I am pursuing a career in Planning and I am new to Enterprise level Resource planning in P6 and will appreciate any kind of help to get me in the right direction. 

I am just wondering if theres anybody here who knows about a step by step guide to generate one single Resource Histogram for a particular resource which is used in many projects.

To be more specific, I have illustrated my doubt in the below exercise. 

1) I have assigned Resouce R1 to Projects P1, P2 & P3 with all the details required. 

2) Now I want to generate Resource Histogram for R1. 

3) I am trying for the below printout. 

a) Fields in the top layout - Resource ID, Project ID, Budgeted Units, Remaining Units, Barchart 

b) Bottom layout - Resource Histogram 

I would really appreciate your time, and thank you very much in advance.

Regards

Replies

Nithin Shetty

Hi Friends,

You are all doing gr8 job helping others.

Can anyone kindly tell me how can I copy 'resource usage spreadsheet' from P6 to Excel? Please note that the resources allocated are to portfolio of projects not one project.

I have tried this through reports. But I am not getting option to get in Excel format and can't save report as it is showing a message "You may not save a project-level report while you have more than one project open". 

I really need to export resource usage spread sheet from P6 to Excel. Is there any other convenient way to do so?

thanks in advance. 

Kind Regards,

Nith 

nith.shetty@gmail.com

Nithin Shetty

Thanks Daniel.

Your simple feedback was so usefull.

Thanks again.

Daniel Limson
User offline. Last seen 4 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Nith,

Generating resource histogram for multiple projects or enterprise wide is basically the same as generting resource histogram for individual projects. The key is you must have a consistent resource code across the board and that all projects or selected projects must be open at the same time when you generate the enterprise wide histogram.

Cheers and best regards,

Daniel