Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

baseline activities does not appear in the present schedule

3 replies [Last post]
kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 17 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All   I am now working on a project. the project has started on jan 2011. so one month is over and i am updating the project for each  month. now i had to add some activites to the baseline project so i used the restore baseline option.there i added the actitiies and deleted 2 activities schduled it and again assigned it to the present project but now in the present project those actitivtes are not appearing. i checked in the maintain baseline option, the updated baseline is assigned correctly.   what should i do to get the added activities in the present project   thanks in advance

Replies

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 32 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Mr. Kumar,

You shall add the new activities into the current open project with the same relationships and lags as with that you did in the baseline project then schedule it.

The updated schedule dates will now be differ from your baseline projects dates if the updated schedule actual dates is not the same as the start/finish dates of the baseline project.

Regards,

kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 17 weeks ago. Offline

dear raymond

thank you very much.

i will now add the those activities which i have aaded in the baseline project  with the same activity ID duaration/relationship /resources and schedule the present project.

But i have small query

since i have already put the actual dates in the present project an scheduled it the start date for many activities have changed accordingly.

so when i link these new activitities with the progressed actitities i ahve to change the timimg by putting lags and make the new activities start in the same time as it has statred in the baseline schedule.

please let me if my approach is right

thanks in advance

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 32 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi Mr. Kumar,

You can not find the Added Activities because it was in the Baseline Project. What you will see in the Current open Project is only the activities of the current open project.

You should add the Activity ID of those activities you added as well as their Activty names into the current open project.

Baselining a project means that you want to compare current open project schedule to a TARGET project schedule (Baseline Project).

Activity DATA of baseline activities will appear only if baseline Activity ID is matching with Activity ID's of current open project.

Hope this will satisfy your requirements.

Regards,