Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

SDK on a Windows 7 64-bit system

11 replies [Last post]
Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline

Has anyone been able to get the SDK to work in a Windows 7 64-bit environment?  No help from either Oracle or MS, so far.  Will keep looking, but I hope there is someone out there who has a work-around or simple code fix (far too optimistic for my own good).  Thanks for any insights.

Replies

D Artagnan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

I am using now the SDK in windows 64 Bit with P6 Version 8.3

I thought it would not work but previously ODBC name is appearing as Primavera 6 SDK, bBut in this version, nothing is appearing in the ODBC but somehow it works.

Have you guys installed the Software Development Kit after installing the Primavera?

Keyel Isorena
User offline. Last seen 2 years 21 weeks ago. Offline

Has anyone figured out a solution to Dennis' query? Please post it so everyone can benifit from it. I am using p6 v. 8.1 on a 64 bit system with an oracle db and is having the same problem.

Regards,

Keyel

Andrew Herrmann
User offline. Last seen 12 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I was able to get the SDK working by installing a 32 bit Oracle DB client on my computer. If you are using another database you may be able to use the 32 bit client for that vendor. 

Andrew Herrmann
User offline. Last seen 12 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

I was able to get the SDK working by installing a 32 bit Oracle DB client on my computer. If you are using another database you may be able to use the 32 bit client for that vendor. 

Gün Göksu
User offline. Last seen 1 year 41 weeks ago. Offline

Amit,

1) I did not get any error on the installation.

2) It did connect to the database. I can connect directly to the oracle backend. but not the ODBC.

The ODBC driver shows on WOW64.

3) I can not get any excel macro to connect. my office is 32 bit. my system is win7 64 bit.

The error I get is as below when I try to do a "Update Project List".

Row 0: RDA error: Resource not available - Connect error: da=PMSDK;Driver=PMSDK;engine=PM;lf=C:\temp\PMSDK.LOG;lo=terse;pg=1;pp=oracle;pu=pubprm$pm;.
Error returned from engine: VDB.Connect; hResult=0x80040003 (PMSDK_E_INTERNALERR: internal driver error); EOleSysError=Invalid return value from CreateAppVDB
Error number: 0x80040003

Do you know of a connection string that I can use instead of the available string inside the files? activity6x.xls etc...

I have really run out of ideas.

Gün Göksu

Bump.

This issue is still open. I have not been able to log progress since previous msg.

Anyone have any other XLS files that work with SDK on 64 systems?

Thank you.

Gün Göksu

Hi,

I have not been able to make this SDK work on a win7 64 bit machine. the SDK driver etc is installed just fine (WOW64) but the xls sheets do not connect.

This issue hasnot been solved till 64 bit systems got up. At least I cant find any solutions anywhere on the net and planning plannet.

I really need to have these xls sheets connected to the SDK.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Amit Parmar (PMP)
User offline. Last seen 11 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Dennis,

It seems like the code that was used to compile the sheet was for 32 bit only. My knowledge of coding is actually zero :(. If your PMSDK ODBC Driver connected properly then that means that the problem is with the code. If you have access to Primavera Support then you can try raising an issue with them. They used to help before Oracle took over, i don't know now.

Besides i will try finding a 64 bit machine and testing the sheet on it, but that won't be immediate. Will post a reply here if i find a solution.

Regards

Amit

Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline

Amit;

The error message reads: "Compile Error.  Code in this project must be updated for use in 64-bit systems."  It looks like it is trying to access SQLDataSources lib ODBC32.dll.  Does this help?  Could we add ODBC32.dll to a dictory or just amend the code?

Amit Parmar (PMP)
User offline. Last seen 11 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

Officially Primavera works on windows 7 64 bit, but can you please point out the "Eaxct" error you are getting when you are trying to use SDK?

1) When you did the installation did you get any error ?

2) When you got to the PMSDK database config, did it connect successfully to the database ?

3) When you try and connect with the Excel sheet, what error do you get?

I still haven't tried installing SDK on a 64 bit machine, but if you can point out the exact errors i can try something over here.

Regards

Amit Parmar

Gün Göksu

bump.

Hello all,

I have not been able to get the sdk working in my system.

I am running a windows7 64 bit. according to oracle documentation my sdk is installed. But my activity.xls etc are not working.

Any way you know to fix this issue? Any pointers please?

Thank you.