Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Start Milestone FS Task Dependent Activity (Date problem)

5 replies [Last post]
Ruben Lopez
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

HELP!

Well I thought this problem was taken care of in P6.7, but so far I’m not seeing it.  I have a START MILESTONE tied to an activity by way of (FS).  My milestone start on 9/15 and its successor should on 9/16, but instead it start on the same day.  I’ve even gone under user preferences and set my DATE TIME to show minutes (12 hour) and adjusted the constrained milestone to start at the last minute of my 10 hr work day.  Still, no luck. 

lopezr73@yahoo.com

Replies

Ahmet Ahmetoglu
User offline. Last seen 6 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar, TILOS

Hi

Due to the working hours equal  10 hours a day, you should  change `default 8 hour a day` to `10 hour a day`.

Admin> Admin Preferences>Time Periods tabs and change the working hours daily, weekly and monthly

And also change working times in your calender, `default 8 hour a day` to `10 hour a day`

Enterprise>Calender>`Choose your calender` Modify>Workweek

Take care

Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
ok, I didn't see ur second post where you said u have many milestones. In this case what Satish mentioned would be the best thing to do. Best Regards Shareef A Azeez
Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Lopez I donot think this is a fault in P6 coz when you look at it a start milestone doesnot have any duration. It looks as though u r wasting a day saying your project has started. Anyways have you tried scheduling with ur data date set at the last working hour of the day.....for eg DD:15/9/10 18:00(or the last hour set in ur calendar) Best Regards Shareef A Azeez
Ruben Lopez
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

1d lag is a remedy, but that is not the correct way to do this.  Especially when you have many start milestones in the schedule i.e. recv material, recv Dwgs, NTP, Contract Award.  All of these examples would be most likely followed by a task dependent activity.  I've seen this issue before in P5/P6 and thought It had been resolved, but the steps was told to use are not working anymore. 

Any other suggestions?

Satish Kumar
User offline. Last seen 7 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

HI Lopegr,

ur milestone has 0 duration? can't u give a lag of 1 day? 

Regards

K