Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Export/Import

1 reply [Last post]
nancy roberts
User offline. Last seen 11 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I receive a new project schedule bi weekly from our vendor. The previous schedule has the resources, activity codes, and project codes assigned. The new schedule (to be imported does not because the vendor does not use our codes or resources).

There are a couple of ways that I have been updating the schedule:

Straight export/import only udating the dates with "update existing". The problem is so the dates give "wrong" flakey data (dates out in 2020, etc).

Export file to excel and import to new file. The problem with that is the primary resource tab (even though it is in the file) does not check and I can not export the activity or project codes.

Update from import only checking the boxes to update resources, activity codes, and project codes. Can not get the data to change in the new file.

And finally, using Zena but that is not an activity based software.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Sorry for the long winded explanations, but this is getting frustrating

Thanks

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 6 hours 43 sec ago. Offline
Nancy,
There is a better way but it requires Database Management using SDK.
Another work around is to export/import to excel original schedule and do the same to new schedule. Make this as a format template so you do it only once and create a macro or formula to transfer dates from weekly update to excel modified template (export excel file from original schedule). Once the update is done import it back to original schedule to update.

Best Regards,
Rodel