Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Driving predecessors in P7

3 replies [Last post]
Sean Moghimi
User offline. Last seen 2 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Colleagues,

In P7, how can I easily see and distinguish the driving predecessor among the list of predecessors for any activity? We can’t see that predecessor with asterix in the predecessor column anymore? Can I generate any kind of predecessor / successor report to show just the leading activities or in predecessor / successor columns make that asterix visible?

Thanks.

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 2 min ago. Offline
Sean,
Yes you can generate a report that shows driving activities or you can even filter driving activities in the report. Below link is where I explained on how to generate Activity relationship report.
P6.1; Predecessors’ Relationships Column Post#6
Sean Moghimi
User offline. Last seen 2 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Oliver,

That works perfect but I was hoping to be able to see those asterixes in columns or being able to generate the leading logic report...
Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
Relationships tab in bottom half of the activities screen allows you to add the ’driving’ column and thus tells you which activity is driving and being driven by the one you have highlighted.

Im not sure if you can have a report that give you all of them though.