Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource usage spreadsheet error

5 replies [Last post]
Lucas l
User offline. Last seen 13 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
In resource usage spreadsheet, the total for my manhour doesn’t add up correctly.

I believe this has to do with the calender.

Can anyone guide me how to resolve this issue

For instance, 3+3 = 9.76

By multiplying 0.615, I can get the correct amt

Replies

Tony Marsh
User offline. Last seen 11 years 25 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem? i am experiencing the same issue with the total not calculating correctly.

Cheers

Tony

Tony Marsh
User offline. Last seen 11 years 25 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem? i am experiencing the same issue with the total not calculating correctly.

Cheers

Tony

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 9 hours 28 min ago. Offline
Lucas,
Are we talking durations or labor units and non-labor units? There is no way calendar will affect resource unit or qty. Calendar and unit/time will affect durations but not resource.

Note: You cannot sum a combination of material qty, labor unit and non-labor unit on a summary band. It combine in a summary band it will display "---" but can sum per resource type.
Lucas l
User offline. Last seen 13 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

It’s not a decimal problem as it show 3.00+3.00=9.57

The correct total is 0.615 times the value and apply for all the total for manhr and non man hr. There are no mistake for material.

I guess it is either calender or time period mistake. As I have change the calender from a 24hr calender to a 13hr calender. I tried changing the setting many times but couldn’t resolve the issue
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 9 hours 28 min ago. Offline
Lucas,
It’s nothing to do with your calendar. Your units may have decimal. Try to show the decimal so you know where the sum came from. Edit-> User Preferences-> Time Unit tab-> Unit of Time-> Decimals. Change the decimal to 2. Also check spreadsheet Option and culculate average maybe tick.