Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Copy and past from one EPS to another EPS

8 replies [Last post]
Gobinath Narayana...
User offline. Last seen 9 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Is it possible to copy activities or WBS from one EPS to paste it to another EPS

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 25 min ago. Offline
No, you cannot maintain external relationship because it will have a new unique task ID assign in P6 Database even it will carry the same activity ID. You can only maintain relationship inside the WBS when copy. You can maintain external relationship if you move (not copy or cut) the WBS using drag & drop on the chart view.
Haresh Jayanth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Rodel,

I want to maintain external relationship while pasting WBS from one project to another, if both the projects are project are having similar activity ID. Is it possible......Since while pasting a WBS, external relationship are not present......
Rodel Marasigan
Gobinath,
You can use WBS Window if copying WBS from EPS to another EPS.
If copying specific activity from EPS to another EPS then group and sort by EPS/WBS indent and all level option only.

Note: Make sure both EPS are open.
Gobinath Narayana...
Rodel,
in project window, i can able to view the project titles only. is it possible to view wbs detail in project window.
because i need to copy some wbs titles and its activities to another EPS/Project.
Rodel Marasigan
Gobinath,
You can only do that in Project Window and not Activity Window because of the way it was organize or Group & Sort.

Alternatively on Project Window click the Chart icon and use copy and paste from one EPS to another EPS.
Gobinath Narayana...
Hai Rodel,
i tried , its working within the EPS.
i cannot do in another EPS
shall u tell any other method
Alphons Bruns
User offline. Last seen 1 year 22 weeks ago. Offline
Be carefull, because the EPS activity codes will turn to Project activity code. If later you decide to copy or move the project back to the old EPS the codes used will be in the EPS activity code and in the Project activity code.
Rodel Marasigan
Gobinath,
Yes you can copy and paste Activities, WBS from one EPS to another EPS. (short cut: Ctrl+c to copy, Ctrl+v to paste).
Alternatively use drag and drop on chart view if cut and paste.