Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Baseline Schedule disappeared after importing process

8 replies [Last post]
Izam Zakaria
User offline. Last seen 7 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Gents,

Recently I received one updated schedule file (xer format) with baseline schedule was incorporated inside. But once I import and open it the file, the baseline bars totally screwed-up and it didn’t present the exact baseline instead it follow the updated schedule line. I’ve checked the “maintain baseline” icon and it was not there.
The file was disappeared.

So what I’ve done, I re-import the baseline schedule (different file) directly onto updated schedule and it’s finally meets my intention.

Just wanna to know, are this is common which I thought the baseline schedule will comes together after we completely import the file.
Please express me your helping hand. I’m sincerely needs your kind assistance

Replies

Godstime Mega
User offline. Last seen 8 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

hello guys , it's  mega , just done with my p6 programme and was  given this link by my instructor , i know being in  here .. i am gonna learn swiftly.

cheers

Ir. P. Jaya Chandar
User offline. Last seen 11 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
You are right Dieter. I did not notice that the baseline copying option was unticked after I re-installed P6 last week. Thanks for highlighting. God Bless.

Cheers,

Jaya
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 52 weeks ago. Offline
Amendment

If no bl is assigned, e.g. under BL Start Date the Planned Start Date is shown.
Dieter
Dieter Wambach
Jaya

Maybe your mistake was during copy.

When you copy a project with bl assigned, you can mark if bl to be copied as well. Then another window opens showing the bl and you can mark which one(s) to be copied with the project. This bl you can assign to your copied project. If it was assigned, the copied bl will be assigned to the copied project.

When you show the bl of your copied project (Project --> Maintain BL) what is displayd?

Regards

Dieter
Ir. P. Jaya Chandar
User offline. Last seen 11 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Dear guys,

I have another question related to the baseline.

I have recently made a copy of a schedule which has a baseline assigned and the progress updated. When i open the copy of the schedule, the baseline is missing but the BL1 Start and BL1 Finish is showing the baseline dates. It appears to that the baseline schedule has been embedded to the copies schedule. Now my problem is i cant remove the baseline schedule or update with a new one. Assist me please.

I need to remove the baseline and assign a new revised baseline.
Dieter Wambach
You’re welcome
Izam Zakaria
User offline. Last seen 7 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Friend,

You always there for me. Thank you so much buddy.

Cheers
Dieter Wambach
Izam

You’re right, export doesn’t include the baseline; only copy does.

Regards

Dieter