Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

SDK Installation Problem

3 replies [Last post]
Mohammad Aslam
User offline. Last seen 11 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Arnold,

I really appreciate your contribution in the forum. you are a great source especially for P6 related issues.

Dear I’m using P6 & want to install the sdk but not able to do it. When i click the option install sdk it shows an error the "unable to find the primavera 6.0 msi file.

Kindly help

Mohammad Aslam

Replies

Ronnel Anthony Ce...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Arnold,

I think i have the same problem. & i was installing the software extracted from the cd on my computers drive c.

Here’s what it said:

Setup could not find a file on the specified path or disk.

Please check the proper disk is inserted or specify a new path.

Unable to locate file C:\My Programs\P6V.7\Client Applications\P6_70_Client_Applications\Primavera P6 v7.0.msi.

I dont understand how to repair this based on your instructions, Do i have to burn the installer on a New CD too? Thanks.

Regards,

Ronnel Anthony Celerio
Mohammad Aslam
User offline. Last seen 11 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Arnold,

Thanks for the reply. I’ll try to fix it .

Regards,

Mohammad Aslam
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Mohammad,

This error will occur when changing the source of Windows Installer Package (.msi) for an existing installed application.

For example, if Project Management was initially installed from CD-ROM, it cannot then be reinstalled from another source, such as local drive. If an installation is from a compressed source such as a CD-ROM, then the repair source should be of the same source type, compressed. Likewise, if the installation is from a non-compressed source, then the repair should be from the same source type, non-compressed.

Solution:

Run setup.exe / autorun from the same source as the initial installation, in this case, CD-ROM. If the original CD is not available, CD1 can be burnt to a blank CD.

Regards,

Arnold