Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Dotted Line in Relationship and Hide Rows

2 replies [Last post]
Jhorbam Baena Orozco
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Everybody.

I have 2 question to do here.

1. why some line of relationships in P6 are show in dotted line?...why that happened?...and why i can fix it?.

2. Why P6 when i schedule my program or close it...hide some rows?...why that happened?...and why i can fix it?.

Thanks to everybody by the help...

Replies

Jhorbam Baena Orozco
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Arnold...Thanks for answer me...my second question was fixed but the problem was that...Activate the filter to all activities in...Edit - Filters - All Activities....because P6 had active "2 week lookahead" filter active by default...so...i fixed...

mmmjjj in my first question...i’ll take your information to review and fix the problem if the cause if that you told me.

THANKS....A LOT....
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Jhorbam,

1. The relationship with dotted line is the "Non-Driving Relationships". Relationship is depends on the logic or sequence of your work. If how are you going to link your activities in a logical way.

In order to fix this you need to change the logic. Non-driving Relationship, frequently happen when your "Free Float" is not equal to zero.

2. I think you need to check your WBS Level / Activity Code if it is "Collapse All or Collapse To" Mode. Try to Expand your WBS Level by going to View --> Expand All. I am not sure but give a try.

Regards,

Arnold