Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Financial data integration via SDK

4 replies [Last post]
Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Does anyone have any experience using SDK?

Saw a demonstration yesterday that retrieved financial data and populated P6 using SDK as the interface. Nice interface, but wondered if it is worth the effort to learn when the dictionary.xls exists?

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Dennis

Replies

Dennis Hanks
Arnold;

I was afraid it might be difficult. Can see some value, so I will probably give it a go. May be useful to have a customized template.

Dictionaries seems straight forward enough, but more for export than import. Assume once you have the excel template (dictionaries export) it really does not matter. All you have to do is populate it with your financial data (status).

Again, thanks.
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Dennis,

At first, it is quite difficult however, need to have a background of database, because Dictinary6x.xls and P6 are using one database.

In my knowledge SDK & Dictionary6x.xls are the same. First you need to install the SDK components using P6 CD1 in order to run the Dictionary6x.xls

Regards,

Arnold
Dennis Hanks
Arnold;

Thanks for the response.

How difficult is it to learn? Any advantage over Dictionaries.xls, besides a cleaner interface?

Any caveats, warnings?

Again, thanks,

Dennis
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Dennis,

You can use SDK to facilitate Admin Categories and some other functionality in P6.

I am using SDK, for Activity Codes, Resource Codes & Rates, OBS, Cost Accounts, so on & so forth.

Regards,

Arnold