Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

refreshing data from database

6 replies [Last post]
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Guys,

After every now and then, P6 refreshes data from database automatically and then slows down for a while. Is there any setting, wherein I can have manual setting for refreshing data.

???

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Raviraj
Basically you are right. There is an entry in the ini-file. As I heard from Primavera that they put more and more information into the ini-file and in P7 want to be independent from the registry I checked and found this entry as well in P6.1. I tried to get an information on the entries, but without success - I’ll keep on trying. You’ll receive this description as soon I’ve got it.
Sorry for a wrong information.
Regards
Dieter
A D
Hi Dieter,

From my admin, i dont have any response.

But, i have checked PM.ini file, wherein there are two settings for auto refresh

AutoRefresh=False, And

AutoRefreshInterval=300000

Am i supoposed to change this to TRUE and what @ this interval; is it for a user??

:-|

Rav
A D
Thanks Dieter,

I wil check with my admin.

Cheers,
Dieter Wambach
Raviraj
It depends on your installation of the database. There should be some settings of parameters at least in Oracle; you should ask your DBA. Sorry, I didn’t work with database settings for about 10 years, forgot many things and the products changed as well.
Regards
Dieter
A D
Thanks Dieter, but in simple words, does it mean that whenever i INSERT or DELETE it will refresh automatically?
Dieter Wambach
Raviraj
Refresh is done by the database and depends e.g. on the cache. The only exception are "F5" and in general the commands "insert" and "delete" ("update"). Another factor is your net. How to influence the frequency of refresh you should ask your DBA (database admin). As far as I know it is not influenced by Primavera.
Hope this helps
Dieter