Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3e / P5 Export function vs Copy (of Schedule) on UDF

4 replies [Last post]
Ross Yu
User offline. Last seen 15 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am using P5 and do the weekly backup using the "copy" and "Paste" function.

However, I found out that when I use copy and paste, all the UDF I created in the original schedule are not being copied.

If I was to use the "Export" function, the UDFs are exported to the XER file as expected.

Do anyone come acrosss the same problem ? And if anyone has any explaination on why copy & paste would not work the same way ?

Note : When I do Copy & Paste, all the check boxes are marked for coping.

Any comment will help. Thx.

Replies

Amir Dadbakhsh
User offline. Last seen 3 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
It works properly and i don’t have any problem
have a nice time
Ross Yu
User offline. Last seen 15 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ronald,
Thx for the Service Pack #2 info. Passed it to our IT department.

Hi Amir,
Thx for the 2 workarounds. I tried both and both work.

One thing I found is that it now takes 3x as long to finish a "copy & paste" operation.

Did you find it the same in your environment ?

Amir Dadbakhsh
User offline. Last seen 3 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
wow it’s really interesting for me when i back to planning after 1 year :-)
any way
i had same problem and i found following solution for it at planningplanet. i hope it would be useful for you.
--------------
This is a known defect with Primavera 5 with the combination of SQL Server, Paste Project, and User defined Activity fields. See prim30231 in the Support knowledgebase.

You have two workarounds that will resolve this.

1. When copying projects, organize the projects screen by something other than EPS. Problem is only when pasting and you are organized by EPS. Or

2. Add the following setting in the PM.INI file in the section [Options]

UseSPToPasteProject=0

Solution 2 will force the program to not use a stored procedure used when copying. Problem is with the stored procedure.
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
The Primavera Knowledgebase says that this was a known problem in Project Management 5.0 and has been corrected in Service Pack 2.