Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Budgeted & Actual Units Issue in Spread Sheet

7 replies [Last post]
Minhas Shaikh
User offline. Last seen 13 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Planners,
I am getting a problem in Budgeted units. I have assigned budget units and also upted actuals. In columns I can see both units properly. but In resource spread sheet Budgetdd units are not correct. mostly they are statring after few weeks of actuals and lesser units then actuals. Although activites are 100% finished.
Plz guide me what I am missing?? or what kind of problem accured?
Minhas

Replies

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Hi Minhas

Can you have a look at your BL and Plan start and finish date.

It seem that then might not be align with your actual dates

HTH

Alex
Minhas Shaikh
Hi Alex
Sorry I was not feeling well and had a surgery therefore I didn’t check my emails. Right now everything is fine.
Yes I can send you print print screen but I need your email address . I don’t know any attachment option in this forum.
Thanks
Minhas
Alex Wong
Minhas

Can you post a screen shot, I believe we can help you but you have to give a bit more information

Alex
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
are you using resource(s) calendar(s)? i supposed differences between activity calendars and resource calendars create the problem
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Minhas
If you open the resource tab in the view "activities"; is this ok?
- Sorry, what do you exactly mean by "resources spread sheet"? Is it the "resource usage spreadsheet"?
- Is there a filter in the resource usage spreadsheet?
- View Projects --> tab "resources" --> "Drive activity dates by default" is it marked? Per activity you can access this parameter as well per activity: right mouse button --> columns --> category "general" --> ...
Hope this helps
Dieter
Minhas Shaikh
Thanks Alex
I have tried everything but still not working. I reinstalled my Primavera software. and tried to assign new budgeted hours but still same problem.
I am getting budgeted hours in columns correctly but not in resources spread sheet.
Does anybody solve my problem.
Please advise.

Regards,
Minhas
Alex Wong
Couple things you need to check

1. Resource assignments - Plan units does it add up to Activity level
2. Resource Assignment - Plan Start same as activity level
3. Plan Cureve is base on correct baseline schedule
4. You select the right preference in the summaried data, Time scale = Week or day or month, that will affect it on the tracking view but it will be ok if you open the project and display it live

HTH

Alex