Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Find function not working

6 replies [Last post]
kier legard
User offline. Last seen 14 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi to all,

Im using the find function to find an activity id but its not working. Pls help

Regards,

kier

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 52 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Marsha!
Dieter
Marsha Peterson
User offline. Last seen 5 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
I complained to Primavera tech support about the Ctrl-C (copy) and then Cntl-V (paste) while searching Ctrl-F. She told me it was an "enhancemement request" item. Small comfort was that she said pick column (field) then Cntrl-F, then RIGHT CLICK on the box and select paste from the small menu that then pops up. It works, but not intuitively!
Andrew Levitt
User offline. Last seen 15 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
I hate the P5 find function. Can’t paste into the Find box with CTRL-V, have to re-click on a cell in the name column every time you click anywhere else in order to get it to work. For a keyboard user like myself it is truly maddening.

Separately, the little search box in the Assign Predecessors dialog seems to only search by the first characters rather than by all characters, similarly maddening.

If I didn’t love Primavera so much I would throw it out based just on that.
kier legard
User offline. Last seen 14 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Oliver,

I got it. Thanks a lot.

regards,

kier

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
I ‘find’ that I am also having trouble getting the Find Function to work now that I have upgraded to P6. The P5 Find Function worked okay but generated errors under different circumstances. In P6, sometimes Find activates with a Ctrl-F and sometimes it does not. Perhaps this is the result of the P5 ’fixes?’
Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
Make sure you have highlighted a cell that is in the id column.