Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6’s collaboration needs website module license??

8 replies [Last post]
Amri Mansor
User offline. Last seen 3 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
I need to setup this collaboration. I’ve been told that we need to upgrade our license to use website module in order to run/use Collaboration. I doubt about it.. Is it so??

Amri

Replies

Arthur Godbeer
User offline. Last seen 14 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
K D is correct. You already have two browser-based interface licences, because you have two "Planner/Scheduler" licences.

I use the P5 term, because unless you purchased the additional upgrade, you do not have full "Level 4" for P6. That is, you do not have the complete myPrimavera functionality, e.g. the Resources menu. But although it is not shown in your licence file (because it is automatic), you do have myPrimavera "Projects". And Collaboration, which is what you were asklng about originally.

Your local Primavera rep will be able to assist in the installation of the myPrimavera interface and the Collaboration server. The software is part of your CD set.
K D
User offline. Last seen 15 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Amri.
You have Project Management license in your license.
By default, With this you can access myPrimavera because PM license already include myPrimavera. Now you have 2 myprimavera license.
Try it and let we know the result.
Regards
Arthur Godbeer
My apologies, I don’t know why I thought you were also asking about the API. So two unnecessary paragraphs. I must have been thinking about some earlier question.
Arthur Godbeer
To err on the side of caution, to get a new licence file so as (in this case) to get the API, might attract a Primavera admin fee, even though this was previously done without charge. There is however still no fee for its use.
Arthur Godbeer
Amri, it would be best if you speak to your Primavera Authorised Representative (PAR), they should know everything I’m going to say now.

Until Version 6 (P6), the API disk was supplied but was not "licensed". That is, that last line in the licence file had a zero, as does yours. The API licence was on request, and if its requirement was known in advance it would be requested at time of purchase. But it could be requested later, and a replacement licence file was then generated. There was no API licence fee for this and it it was a later request not even a shipping fee, because the new licence file was e-mailed.

With new Version 6.0 licences, the API is now automatically included. However, if you are using an upgrade to P6 and an earlier version’s licence file, then you will have to request that through your PAR.

Regarding myPrimavera, you have access to some web functionality, including Collaboration and the Projects menu. (New P6 licences, or those that paid extra to upgrade, get all of myPrimavera.) The reason there is not NU(1) against myPrimavera Projects is that it’s implicit. I.e. it is already "built-in". You do of course have to install myPrimavera, including the Collaboration server.

A "Level 4" licence is one of the P6 configurations. Whether you use all of the supplied software or not, it includes the Windows client programs (Project Management and Methodology Management, full myPrimavera, a timesheet, and the API. Standard P6 upgrades provide most but not all of that.
Amri Mansor
User offline. Last seen 3 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks for the respond. Further clarification needed.

My company used P3ver 4.1 before this with the following details. Later we upgraded to P3ver6.0
----------------------------------
Licensed Issued to :- Customer
Project Management NU(0), CU(2), No Expiration Date
Portfolio Analysis NU(2), CU(0), No Expiration Date
Timesheets NU(0), CU(0), No Expiration Date
myPrimavera Portfolios NU(0), No Expiration Date
myPrimavera Projects NU(0), No Expiration Date
myPrimavera Resources NU(0), No Expiration Date
Methodology Management NU(2), CU(0), Version: HEAVY, No Expiration Date
Contractor NU(0), CU(0), No Expiration Date
ContractorMaxDomains(+), MaxTasksPerDomain(+)
Integration API NU(0), CU(0), No Expiration Date
----------------------------------

a)Based on my license above,is it true that I can’t used the collaboration due to myPrimavera license is not available???
b)What is "Level 4" License?? Is it been stated inside the pdf guide??

Thanks in advance.

Amri
Arthur Godbeer
Any "Level 4" licence of P6 (the level required for the Windows-based Project Management program) also has the full browser-based functionality. This includes Collaboration.

Both the "web" functionality, and the Collaboration part of that, are separate and optional installs. But if you have Level 4 you have the CDs and are licensed to use the software. Collaboration is a more complicated install compared with the rest of the software. But nevertheless (in my own experience) easy enough if you follow the admin guide carefully. Or have it done by your Primavera rep.

This also applied to P6 Level 3. (Web interface but no Windows programs.)
K D
User offline. Last seen 15 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Amri.
What version of Primavera you’re using. If it’s ver 5.0, you do n’t have to upgrade at all. License for P5 can be used in P6.
Collaboration is a free module which is gone with myPrimavera.
Regards