Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Problem during import the P5 file to P6

8 replies [Last post]
hengxiang shen
User offline. Last seen 8 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
When i import the P5 file to P6, the problem happened and the detail information is as following:
* EXCEPTION REPORT *
Date: 02-Jan-08
Executable: PM.exe
Application: Primavera Project Management
Event Code: AVAA0-2610-9
Access violation at address 00E7B064 in module ’PM.exe’.
Read of address 00000000
Context:
1: TfrmWizImport.wizImportFinish
2: TfrmWizImport.wizImportFinish
3: TfrmWizImport.wizImportBeforeShowPage
4: TfrmWizImport.wizImportFinish
5: TfrmWizImport.wizImportBeforeShowPage
6: TfrmWizImport.RunImportWizard
7: TfrmMain.actHomeExecute
8:
9:
10:
Detail:
Type: EAccessViolation
Object Type: TCUltraButton
Components
==========
ORI: ORI Win32 #
ORI/DB: PMDB,0600.0011.0001.0002
IMG: IMG Win32 #1000
System Info
===========
Username: u388793 Hostname: WXP1951L3D2801
OS Version: Windows NT ver 5.1, build 2600, Service Pack 2 (Intel Pentium)

I am using P6 standalone revision, i have send this case to Primavera and still can not get solution. Anyone who has the answer please post.

Thanks,
Shen Hengxiang

Replies

Many AVAAO errors are fixed in SP4, certainly reduced the number of incidents in our database, I also recommend that you purge/delete regularly.
K D
User offline. Last seen 15 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Yes I agree with you.
Sometimes I feel they feedback us without research our question.
Very bad now.
Regards
Jorge Taguinod
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
I’ve been having AVAA errors and reported these promptly to Primavera. According to them, these are just layout errors caused by low memory on your computer. So, there’s nothing to worry about since project data is not compromised.

As for Primavera Support, I don’t find them reliable these days. Unlike during the P3 days where solutions were given within 24 hours, it now takes weeks for a problem to be properly addressed. Sometimes they even give out the wrong advice simply because they have not read through the problem provided by the user.

Maybe Primavera should pay Planning Planet as I think that this forum provides more answers to users than Primavera itself. Imagine how much more tech support people Primavera should hire to support its users if Planning Planet were not around.

Jorge
K D
That’s right.
You can login POINT and search for the error.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Hi
How many persons were using P5? If 30, the it was ok with the sessions, ID = (same) user + session-id, so unique. If not 30 users, then your IT should check the network. Under Admin --> User --> you can add the column "logged in" and see all current users.
For the event-code you’ll have to contact your local dealer. They have a list for reference.
F N
User offline. Last seen 16 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

This is very interesting. We’ve had kind of the same problem. We’re running Primavera SP3 and when a user pressed F5, he got the following error:

Type: EAccessViolation
Event Code: AVAA0-0370-B
Description: Access violation at address 0066BF5F in module ’PM.exe’. Read of address 00000074.

Once misleading factor is that when this occurred, we found out that 30 sessions all using the same user ID we’re still up and running. After killing those sessions, the problem was resolved. We tried the F5 function and all was well.

We’re looking for a clearer explanation to this but can’t seem to find one.

Anyone can help?

Thank you
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Shen Hengxiang
Did you check if the project was properly imported? Sometimes you receive such error messages due to time-out, corrupt layouts, e.t.c. but with the project everything is ok. Then you just ignore.
"Read of address 00000000" is strange because no proper value; another hint for a time-out. Primavera is very sensible with this.
If the XER-file is on a server, you may copy it onto your local PC before the import.
Did you check the event log of your PC?
Regards
Dieter
K D
Hi.
In most of the case, this kind of error (AVAA0) is caused by layout corruption. But you’re doing importation, not working in activity view.
I think it’s a Primavera bug. Perhaps we have to wait for a service pack. :-)
You can try to reinstall the client module in the meantime.
Thanks