Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Updated ImportExport Utility for P5

4 replies [Last post]
David Smith
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Hi All,
I have a Excel utility that I had sent to me from Primavera Support while I was at the Primavera conference. It said in the email that the tool has not been updated for P5. Has anyone updated this utility for P5? If you have one can I get a copy of it? If not does anyone know what needs to be updated?

I would be grateful for any help or direction on this. I am willing to open the hood on this thing if necessary.

This is what the utility can do:

Activity.xls is designed to facilitate Import and Export of the following:
Activity Details (General Activity Information)
Activity Relationships (Predecessors and Successors)
Activity Code Assignments
Resource Assignments
Activity Steps
Activity Expenses
Activity UDF (User Defined Fields)
Resource Assignment UDF (User Defined Fields)
Activity Step UDF (User Defined Fields)

Thanks In Advance
David

Replies

K D
User offline. Last seen 15 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,
you can go to POINT and search for prim4617.

Thanks
Hemanth Kumar
User offline. Last seen 42 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Install SDK ( If not Installed )
Explore P5
You Have 2 Excel Templates

Cheers
Sandy Matheson
User offline. Last seen 10 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
P5 has export/import facility to/from .xls files but it is fairly laborious with each step to be completed each time. But it works.
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 20 hours 55 min ago. Offline
David,

The RA excel utility Activity.xls is mean for P3x only. P5 use SDK API which is included on your P5 installation CD. You can use xls import/export function in P5 which doing the same thing but limited function.

HTH,
Rodel