Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3e to Excel date format

3 replies [Last post]
Minhas Shaikh
User offline. Last seen 8 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Dear Planners,
In p3e, after exporting schedule in excel format. I am getting date format with time, ’8/25/2008 4:00:00 PM. How can I get rid from time and hiphen. I need to make changes in dates. Excel can’t read this date format due to time and hyphen (‘)as a date.
Thanks

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 2 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Sorry Minhas
it was my mistake.
If you just want to create reports in Excel and not import the data again: Same with the user preferences. Then:
1. Create a report and choose, create ASCII. P3e will create a CSV-File and you can mark to open EXCEL immediately. Separator: in General ";" works the best, with some configurations ",".
2. You create a layout with all the informations you need in the table-area --> ctrl+A to select all data --> ctrl+C --> Open EXCEL --> New file --> ctrl+V

If you’ll want to import again - I remember I stumbled over this item some time ago - it seems that you’ll have to work with copy and paste and to modify the specific figures.

Hope this will help!

Dieter
Minhas Shaikh
User offline. Last seen 8 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Dieter.
I already have setpup in user preference but I am getting same result. Mean dates with time and hiphen. Also I am not getting same format which I have assigned in user preference.
There may be another way....or somthing else....

Minhas
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 2 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Minhas,
very easy:
Edit --> User Preferences --> Dates. The format you choose here will be used for the Export file-
Regards
Dieter