Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Migrating From P3e V 4.1 to V 5.0 (Baseline )

5 replies [Last post]
William Desamero
User offline. Last seen 12 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Everyone,

We recently upgraded our P3e from version 4.1 to 5.0. Importing of projects were successful but the project baselines were not captured. Can we import projects including its baselines?

Regards,

William

Replies

Patricia Le Clainche
User offline. Last seen 9 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hallo Dieter,

Thanks for this info.

Bis bald !
Patricia
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 5 days ago. Offline
Salut Patricia

There are two ways:
1. The normal way to start a SQL-Skript on the CD to transform the database from 4.1 to 5. Later the user will just realize some different screens and functions. Most IT departments inform the users. Baselines are still connected.
2. Single projects to be transferred e.g. from a backup database. Then it will be the complicate way as described by Niek - unlink --> export projects + BL --> import --> link again.

Regards and a have a nice Sunday

Dieter
Patricia Le Clainche
User offline. Last seen 9 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
William,

I am just a user, and do not know all "secrets" of migration. But I am a little bit surprised of this problem. I am quite sure there is a way, that doesn’t need to unlink baselines. I nether heard of this problem (and projects I am working for had also migrated from V4 to V5 with their baselines). I hope someone else has the answer.

Best regards.
Patricia
William Desamero
User offline. Last seen 12 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Niek!
Niek Zonneveld
User offline. Last seen 2 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
I’m afraid you can’t William.

You should unlink the baseline in the 4.1 schedule and import these separately.

H.T.H.