Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project Codes To Global Codes

7 replies [Last post]
Azad Padamsey
User offline. Last seen 10 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
How can I copy the Project Codes to Global Codes?Is there
a utility provided with P3e?
Regards
Azad

Replies

SS Tsen
User offline. Last seen 16 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Rodel,
Many thanks for the reply

That’s exactly what i had done. Update the act_code_type_scope field.

These are the fields of ACTVTYPE table.
ACTV_CODE_TYPE_ID, ACTV_SHORT_LEN, SEQ_NUM, ACTV_CODE_TYPE, PROJ_ID, ACTV_CODE_TYPE_SCOPE, SUPER_FLAG, UPDATE_DATE, UPDATE_USER, CREATE_DATE, CREATE_USER, DELETE_SESSION_ID, DELETE_DATE.

BTW, We are running PM on oracle 10g

Regards,
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 day 1 hour ago. Offline
Hi SS Tsen,

I believed you are looking and updated the wrong table. Activity Codes have 2 tables linked to Task tables. These are ACTVTYPE table where define as project or global and ACTVCODE table which defines all the codes. In order to change your activity codes from project codes to global you have to looked at the act_code_type_id fields and check the act_code_type_id number from ACTVCODE table then find that act_code_type_id number in ACTVTYPE table and change it to AS_GLOBAL or AS_EPS from AS_PROJECT in act_code_type_scope field. You have to removed the proj_id number from proj_id field after changing it to global or eps. If you’re having trouble please send me a private message on PP and I will teach you step by steps.

Regards,
Rodel
SS Tsen
User offline. Last seen 16 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Rodel,

I tried the SQL method, but the codes are not visible in the activity codes selection window.
By checking the table directly, the update_user column is filled with NotPrmUser.

How to avoid this?

Thanks.
Azad Padamsey
Rodel,
Many thanks.It works.
Azad
Rodel Marasigan
Hi Azad,

There is another way but complicated. You must have background knowledge on SQL or ODBC link to have an access to PMDB database and copy Activity Codes on activity code table and set to global flag.

If you’re not familiar with it I suggest that you just copy the project that contains all the activity code that you wanted to make global and do the process that I mention previously. After transferring the activity codes to global then delete the project that you just created. You still have your original project with activity code and global codes at the same time.

I hope that will help.

Cheers,

Rodel
Azad Padamsey
when you go to Enterprise-> Activity Codes…-> there are 3 items Global,Enterprise and Project.I have codes in Project.I want to copy these codes to Global.I don’t wish to transfer.I want to keep the codes in both.
Rodel Marasigan
I’m not aware of Project codes on Global. Maybe you’re referring to activity codes.

Try Enterprise-> Activity Codes…-> Modify…-> Make Global

Cheers,
Rodel