Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Relationship Lines

3 replies [Last post]
Paul Naughton
User offline. Last seen 10 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi guys,

Forgive me if this is a bit basic but I’m still trying to make P3e do what P3 does.

In P3 if I want to create a storyboard I’ll pick an activity (usually a completion milestone of some description) and trace through the predecessor logic to create the critical path. I can then take a picture with or without the relationship lines and reorganise the data to suit requirements.

In P3e I understand I cannot take the picture but should be able to do everything else.

When I try to display the relationship lines nothing appears, I note from using other filters the facility is working fine for everything already filtered but won’t include any activities added. Does anyone know a way to rectify this or will I need to code up each path each time and then run a filter?

Paul

Replies

Sufian Malik
User offline. Last seen 17 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Paul

You’re right i’ve just realised.

Sorry for stating the obvious!

Regards

Sufian
Paul Naughton
User offline. Last seen 10 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Sufian,

I tried that, turns out there is a known fault within P5 that prevents the logic being viewed on new activities brought into a filter. There is an enhancement request for this.

Regards,

Paul
Sufian Malik
User offline. Last seen 17 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Do you mean you use trace logic in p3?

If so, click on View and navigate to Show on Bottom and select Trace logic