Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

API License Fee

7 replies [Last post]
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Dear All

Do you need to pay for API??

Any PAR can help answering me with this question

Alex

Replies

Alex Wong
Thanks for the info
Mario Sanvitale
User offline. Last seen 12 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
The API is included at no additional charge with the client server licence. You may have to ask Primavera to enable it.
Alex Wong
Mario

What if I have a IT development team, I just want want to use the API libery in order to evaluate and try to develop my own integration. Is the API licenses is free or not.

Can u give me a clear answer

Alex
Mario Sanvitale
As Arthur says, most of the PARs have developed or have access to integration models which are chargeable and utilise the API. These are to save a lot of costly development time when creating interfaces to other applications.
Arthur Godbeer
User offline. Last seen 14 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Alex, as Mario says there is not charge for the API. The CD is already included in what is delivered, although you then have to request an addition to your licence file so as to be able to actually use it.

But someone still has to do some work (programming) to do the connection and enable the data to move. And/or integration software to make that easier or even "no programming required". As far as I know Primavera Australia provides software and services in this regard. And this is presumably what you are paying for. The API on its own (free or not) is meaningless.
Alex Wong
Mario

Can you remember when did it drop, because we using V5 since the lanuch date, and I receive quotation from Primavera Australia 2 months ago and still they want to charge me on the API

Anyone can help???

Alex
Mario Sanvitale
Alex, my company is a UK PAR, there used to be a charge (justifiable because it was an added in option which wasn’t available generally) for the API in earlier versions, but this was dropped w.e.f. v5.