Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Displaying all activity codes used in a project

5 replies [Last post]
Bijaya Bajracharya
User offline. Last seen 7 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
In my P3ec database, there are hundreds of global activity codes. Some activities are assigned some of those codes. Is there any way to know which codes are used in a project?

When you try to assign codes to an activity, there is always a filter for displaying only current project’s values. But when you add column for activity code, the only choice that is available are group and sort by Categorv or List. Both choice lists all the codes. I want to see only those codes which are used in the current project.

Does anybody know how to do it?

Replies

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 51 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Has a method for achieving this become available?
Bijaya Bajracharya
Explaination of problem.

When you do Enterpise/Calendar and select any calendar, there is button on right to see which projects across the enterprise use that particular calendar.

What we need now is a similar feature for activity codes within project level. (if available across enterprise level, it is even better).
Bijaya Bajracharya
Nigel, When you need to assign a code, you already know which code you want to assign to. The problem I had described is when you look at a programme someone has made or a programme you created some time back.

From database logic, I don’t it should be a difficult feature. But the question is whether Primavera has included it in P3ec. It does not seem to have been. But if someone has found a way around it, I would like to know it.
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Hello all,

Is there any way to see which codes are used in all projects on my database?

Regards.
Nigel Hussey
User offline. Last seen 17 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
When assigning a code to an activity just below the option Global/Project you will see a little down arrow click that and select ’Filter By’ then select ’Current Project Values’. This can also be done by right-clicking on the selection pane.